Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well,,, it's been awhile since we've posted; we've made the circuit from SJ to Q to PHX, Yuma, Q & back again, barely got abit of the flavor of the snowbird season,,, mostly stealth-mode and visiting dentists, tho we did connect with some friends in Yuma; made new friends in Q at the (small) PA park there -- maybe will visit on the way back to SJ for final doctor visits & grand-kid b'days in April.

Will continue our "normal" March gig here in Mesa (this being our 8th year visiting for March) until it's time to head back to SJ via Q, Temecula, Ventura (we can never get enough of our ocean visits, right on the beach), hope to "lighten the storage load" while in SJ for a couple weeks before heading off to Ohio to visit Mom (maybe for Mother's Day,,, tho she doesn't really know what day any day is anymore).

Will try to drop by to see E&K over at Valle Del Oro, sometime this next week.

-Don

give us a call, we are still here for a few more weeks.

eric

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pulled into Caballo St. Park, Riverside campground this morning about 11 AM. There are several campgrounds here. I'm sure glad I have a good solar system. All the electric sites were full with people driving around hoping someone would pull out so they could get the site. The Reservation sites were not very full at all most of them sat empty. The Developed non-electric sites were almost all empty. Maybe I'll get some neighbors before night fall. The stay limit here is 21 days so between here and Elephant Butte I should make it thru to may first. Then is should be a little safer to travel north. I think Dave sent his wind down here to welcome me. My slide topper is really popping. I just now rolled the slide in to keep it from getting blown off. There was very little wind on the road this morning though. A tent camper just pulled into the site beside me. He sat there for about 30 minutes then left. I guess the wind was a little too much for him. I don't blame him I'd have gone long before he did.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Yeah, we've got the wind here today too. I didn't much feel like staying outside in it, so I tried a couple of inside jobs. I took the navigation computer out of the dash and fixed a couple of nagging loose wires there. Actually it was a three wire plug that was bad and I just clipped the wires off each end of it and put all new ends on. Works much better now. It was going on and off all the time when driving (always at a place you needed it), so hopefully that won't happen again. Next job was to tackle restringing one of my day/night shades. I've got the pleated kind and one of the strings broke. I think I can fix it, but getting the valance out of the wall is another story. I got a mirror to see if I could see the top screws, but so far they keep ducking out of sight. Maybe I'll have to set a trap and catch them "unawares". We'll see! :unsure:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Windy? Did I say Windy? I turned the rig around yesterday facing south and really anchored it down. The antennas came down and the slide in about 8:30 this morning. It's taking both hands to force the door open enough to let Millie out. She doesn't care for this wind event either. The rig is handling it really well. Solid as a rock. The solar panels didn't seem to notice they are pointed north. They had made up 100amps by 2:30 this afternoon. Not bad for March.

But I am suffering. The slide covers the TV. So I'm having to live with the radio and a couple of books. I do have a TV in the bedroom but I'm not willing to risk the batwing. Did I say windy? I'm really glad you folks are not here. It is really blowing hard!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

we're hanging out at Betty's RV Park, and made one HUGE Mistake.

We planned for about 5 nights here in order to see stuff in this area. I knew this was a cool place but I didn't realize that the Betty's is such a destination place. There are so many parties and such to go to that we don't have enough time to sight see! I guess we'll just have to come back!

Headed to New Orleans on Thurs. which means we'll miss the Thurs. party and the Friday Pot luck alligator dinner. Betty is cooking alligator for everyone~

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We planned for about 5 nights here in order to see stuff in this area. I knew this was a cool place but I didn't realize that the Betty's is such a destination place. There are so many parties and such to go to that we don't have enough time to sight see! I guess we'll just have to come back!

Headed to New Orleans on Thurs. which means we'll miss the Thurs. party and the Friday Pot luck alligator dinner. Betty is cooking alligator for everyone~

Sue

Betty's RV sounds like someplace we all want to visit. Make a good impression so they'll treat us just like you when we mention we know you. Or, let us know whether or not to name drop.

Well, well, tomorrow is moving day but we're not moving where we thought we were moving. I really, really like chalk because it seems we use it lots. However, this is more out of convenience and necessity than picking the location. Terry has two more appointments over the next three weeks and is tired of flying back and forth. He didn't get in until after 1:00 AM this morning and even getting here was iffy because the flights are so full with all the spring breakers. Plus, an older Class C creamed the back of the Jeep when I was stopped at a red light yesterday. Jerry and Janice taped plastic on the window after all the glass was knocked out. Now we're on our way back to Phoenix and hopefully to have the back gate replaced. Some things just aren't fun and this was one of them.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Betty's RV sounds like someplace we all want to visit. Make a good impression so they'll treat us just like you when we mention we know you. Or, let us know whether or not to name drop.

Well, well, tomorrow is moving day but we're not moving where we thought we were moving. I really, really like chalk because it seems we use it lots. However, this is more out of convenience and necessity than picking the location. Terry has two more appointments over the next three weeks and is tired of flying back and forth. He didn't get in until after 1:00 AM this morning and even getting here was iffy because the flights are so full with all the spring breakers. Plus, an older Class C creamed the back of the Jeep when I was stopped at a red light yesterday. Jerry and Janice taped plastic on the window after all the glass was knocked out. Now we're on our way back to Phoenix and hopefully to have the back gate replaced. Some things just aren't fun and this was one of them.

OMG guess we really need to be careful because thats 2 accidents. SIL Mark was coming home Friday night and was 2 cars behind a car that was hit head on by a drunk 17 yr old going the wrong way on the freeway! Hit some debris and bent up the bumper but 5 minutes sooner and it could have been him.

We got our inverter/charger fixed today. Was a simple fix really, had to take the control of the inside panel, unplug and re plug...that resets it!! Who knew!! $190 for a really great lesson. Repair guy was really good at explaining everthing. Learned a lot.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Betty's is an amazing place. Her web has caught several in our group.

Her happy hour is not to be missed. Was George and CeCe and Marvin still there?

We stopped there in the first of November 2010 and they said they were spending

the winter with Betty.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Geri - so sorry to hear about the Jeep. Are you okay? Jim understands Terry's frustration with flying. It's just not fun anymore even though sometimes it's a necessity.

Sandyee, :D:blink: I fared much better than the Jeep. Terry's certainly tired of it. Flying stand-by during spring break season was definitely a bummer.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Jeri, you should have just fallen out of the seat and grabbed your neck! New diesel pusher next week! :) So glad you weren't hurt. You can always duct tape the rear hatch shut. Use maroon duct tape it will match fine. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Was a little windy again today but not too bad, I did a lot of walking and took a short trip to Arrey to get some milk and flour tortillas for sandwiches. I sat inside most of the time I wasn't walking. It just wasn't comfortable sitting outside. I lost my next door neighbors. A young couple with 4 kids, Two vehicles, a jeep and a truck pulling a trailer with two 4 wheelers in it and another in the pickup box. They sat up 3 tents and tied tarps around the sun shelter to dampen the wind. Then took it all down today and went back to where every they came from. I seem to have a lot of talkers around here. People come in off the road and sit down and start yaking. I enjoy it but after an hour or two it gets to be boaring.

I'm sure glad I'm not up on the hill with Dave. That's the kind of wind that makes me go elsewhere. I got into one like that up in the Badlands once. Driving down from Wall,SD I was hitting about 70 and the tumble weed were passing me like I was standing still.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Beautiful sunny day up here in the PNW. Temperature got almost up to 50. :o Going to make a little jaunt over the Border into "EH" land tomorrow, gotta replenish the Cranberry Juice. :)

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

The neighborhood just got an upgrade. Today I received my "instant Casita". It's a beautiful burnt orange, or for you nautical folks, faded red lead. It has huge white letters on the side that spell "K-LINES" plus various groupings of numbers. I'm sure the neighbors will love the addition to the neighborhood. It's made of a special 14 ga. steel that is made to withstand salt water. It's rust proof and the lock box is made of 1/4 plate. Bottom line is that it is secure.

Tomorrow the propane and septic guys will be here to get started. It won't be long and I'll have a home base.

Lee it didn't take me long to get the trailer spotted along side. It does make a great wind break.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

The neighborhood just got an upgrade. Today I received my "instant Casita". It's a beautiful burnt orange, or for you nautical folks, faded red lead. It has huge white letters on the side that spell "K-LINES" plus various groupings of numbers. I'm sure the neighbors will love the addition to the neighborhood. It's made of a special 14 ga. steel that is made to withstand salt water. It's rust proof and the lock box is made of 1/4 plate. Bottom line is that it is secure.

Tomorrow the propane and septic guys will be here to get started. It won't be long and I'll have a home base.

Lee it didn't take me long to get the trailer spotted along side. It does make a great wind break.

Sounds great Dave, Joe Spiker will be proud of your color choice :)

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

If the Casita gets blow all the way to the ocean being salt proof will prevent it from rusting away.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Betty's is an amazing place. Her web has caught several in our group.

Her happy hour is not to be missed. Was George and CeCe and Marvin still there?

We stopped there in the first of November 2010 and they said they were spending

the winter with Betty.

I spent an hour talking to Marvin tonight- what an awesome guy. we discussed the Acadian history at length.

Not sure about George and CeCe- I'll ask tomorrow when everyone gets back from the free lunch/free booze dance. sheesh.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Jeri, you should have just fallen out of the seat and grabbed your neck! New diesel pusher next week! :P So glad you weren't hurt. You can always duct tape the rear hatch shut. Use maroon duct tape it will match fine. Steve

Ha Ha. Another missed opportunity!!

We made it to the Phoenix area yesterday. I had read in the Mountain West book that the road between here and there was loaded with traffic and there had been numerous fatalities on it. Believe me, we can see why. A road that busy should be at least a 4-laner. It was a zoo and a wonder we didn't see half a dozen more crashes.

Weather is gorgeous.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

When I get there I want to park IN IT if the wind is still blowing.

I went to the big town of Arrey and had breakfast this morning. For such a little hole in the wall restaurant it did a good job on the food. When I got back to the park I took a 2 mile walk. Now it's time to goof off the rest of the day.

Well, maybe a little good news on this front. We may have the house sold! :o Did I say "SOLD"! I didn't want to say anything until we were a little more sure about it, but here's what happened. We stopped at Flagstaff for a couple of days and decided to explore Sedona. While on the way down the mountain (note: no cell phone service), we stopped to take some pictures. While the "staff photographer" was out shooting the phone rang! Note: no cell service. It was the Realtor and she asked for Carol. Carol came back to the car and the Realtor said " are you sitting down?" and we said yes, then the phone went dead!! WHAAAAT! AArrgghhh! :blink: We took off to get down to the bottom of the hill so we could get a signal again and just as we turned the first corner there was a wreck ahead of us blocking the road!! It took 45 minutes before we could call the Realtor back and find out that she had a buyer. We were in shock! After CPR was administered we made it the rest of the way to Oklahoma to see if it was really true. It was and now we are set to close on the 8th of April. It was not without a few trials, as during the home inspection it was found out that the main furnace/AC unit had failed (aren't they supposed to last more than 25 years?) <_< , and the roof needed replacing. Well we finished the furnace today, and the roof will be replaced next week. At least the insurance adjuster agreed that the roof was "hail damage" so we'll just have to pay the $1000 deductible on that. The buyers are being held at gunpoint, (remember the shotgun), until the closing, so I hope everything works out. It was the first time the new Realtor had shown the house, so it worked out well for her. Now for the "two month wait" until April 8th :) That's all the news I have!! Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, maybe a little good news on this front. We may have the house sold! :o Did I say "SOLD"! I didn't want to say anything until we were a little more sure about it, but here's what happened. We stopped at Flagstaff for a couple of days and decided to explore Sedona. While on the way down the mountain (note: no cell phone service), we stopped to take some pictures. While the "staff photographer" was out shooting the phone rang! Note: no cell service. It was the Realtor and she asked for Carol. Carol came back to the car and the Realtor said " are you sitting down?" and we said yes, then the phone went dead!! WHAAAAT! AArrgghhh! :blink: We took off to get down to the bottom of the hill so we could get a signal again and just as we turned the first corner there was a wreck ahead of us blocking the road!! It took 45 minutes before we could call the Realtor back and find out that she had a buyer. We were in shock! After CPR was administered we made it the rest of the way to Oklahoma to see if it was really true. It was and now we are set to close on the 8th of April. It was not without a few trials, as during the home inspection it was found out that the main furnace/AC unit had failed (aren't they supposed to last more than 25 years?) <_< , and the roof needed replacing. Well we finished the furnace today, and the roof will be replaced next week. At least the insurance adjuster agreed that the roof was "hail damage" so we'll just have to pay the $1000 deductible on that. The buyers are being held at gunpoint, (remember the shotgun), until the closing, so I hope everything works out. It was the first time the new Realtor had shown the house, so it worked out well for her. Now for the "two month wait" until April 8th :) That's all the news I have!! Steve

Wonderful news!!! We will have fingers and toes crossed until the closing!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com