Truck Bed Motorcycle Hoist/lift

DJohns

I have seen on some forum of someone who had a hoist that pivoted out to hook onto a platform that had a motorcycle tied to it. It would lift up the platform to bed height and swing around to the bed. Can anyone point me to pictures or some builder that does this? I know I have seen pictures but can't seem to find now.

Thanks

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

• 1 month later...

Does the "One way" refer to some element of loading the car or is it a roadsign?

It's just a roadsign in the video. It looks like where he's parked is in a CG with a one way sign that just happens to be in the view during the preview. .

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I use one of these in the won ton: http://www.powerdecks.com/product_display.aspx?product_guid=Motorcycle-Deck

It could be used sideways or longways on a class 8 I would think. Holds the platform 10 inches above whatever deck/frame you have it set on. It's made to clear those tall stupid wheel houses in a pickup box. But you could enclose it underneath and whatever is under there is secure when the platform is loaded.

It cycles quite fast. Cause after all stuff has to be fast...

Common sense says use it on ground that is fairly level side to side of the platform. You can run the platform down into a ditch if you want as long as the slope is parallel to the truck bed if that makes sense...

It can be used for handling all kinds of heaviness.

You have to tie stuff to it to load the platform but you are supposed to secure cargo anyways. It's really nice to secure cargo walking around it on the ground.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

First trip out with the Volvo, we loaded two dual sports on the deck with 7' ramps. Boy, was that dumb. Had the bikes running and powered them up while walking up a rather steep ramp beside. Now my plan is to use the Big Boy ramps in the same fashion to load street bikes, but they're longer. Or, put the smart on the deck and the bikes in the toy hauler. In the end, I'm a tightwad, and the ramps have other uses.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

7' ramps and walk up - Ya the Volvo just got pretty narrow ... and that's when you find out you aren't parked as level as you thought... lean is away from the kick stand... and you can't...quite...reach that first tie down strap... and Trigger doesn't want to stand...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived