Unlimited 3G

moisheh

I made my first $5 (as required) payment. However, the Verizon recording says I need to pay $10 more before January 28th. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe I will go ahead and pay the $10. Even at $15/month, this is still a good deal.

I'm not sure it says you owe $10.00 but rather that your balance is $10.00, two different things, I believe. If you add another $5.00, it will say your balance is $15.00 and will continue as long as you add funds. That is what happened to me. It eventually took most of the funds but still left a "balance" of $5.00. If I add $5.00 to that it will then say my balance is $10.00. That's what makes this so confusing. In the past it has said my balance was $5.00 and I added another $5.00 at due date. The service continued, but this recording is very confusing and there is no source to call or email for clarification. Perhaps someone using a service provider that actually responds to questions could find out for all of us. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it says you owe $10.00 but rather that your balance is $10.00, two different things, I believe. If you add another $5.00, it will say your balance is $15.00 and will continue as long as you add funds. That is what happened to me. It eventually took most of the funds but still left a "balance" of $5.00. If I add $5.00 to that it will then say my balance is $10.00. That's what makes this so confusing. In the past it has said my balance was $5.00 and I added another $5.00 at due date. The service continued, but this recording is very confusing and there is no source to call or email for clarification. Perhaps someone using a service provider that actually responds to questions could find out for all of us. Chuck

Chuck, you are correct. Thanks for clarifying. I will leave it as is and see what happens. It may be best to not make too many inquiries, as it may upset the apple cart or as the old saying goes, "let a sleeping dog lie".

We are on the road and this is working extremely well. I frequently stream DirecTv onto my iPad without any problem. I tried a ChromeCast, but found out it will not cast DirectTv onto a TV screen unless you purchase the DirectTv Now subscription. (presently $35/month).

It may be best to not make too many inquiries, as it may upset the apple cart or as the old saying goes, "let a sleeping dog lie".

I am of this opinion, too.

I also opted for a flashed phone rather than a flashed hotspot because I suspected (correctly or otherwise) that it flies a little lower under the Vz radar.

--

2017 Promaster 159" , 570W mono, 220AH FLA

blog | RVwiki project

i tried to access the website listed for the unlimited 3g and it appears to be off line.

anyone know what is going on with this stuff?

Here is the one I used off eBay. He flashed my JetPack remotely. Knows what he is doing and I would use him again if needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLASH-YOUR-VERIZON-MIFI-JETPACK-TO-VERIZON-UNLIMITED-3G-REMOTELY-/232197052533?hash=item361005d875:g:-5gAAOSwV0RXuxm4

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Dick N said:

I still have this plan and it is working. Is Anyone else still active on this Unlimited 3G plan? If so, does $5 still keep it alive.

I still have one, but I think I'm going to let it expire. Previous to my last renewal date in March, I believe I did $15.00 to bring my account back into good standing. Previous to that I believe I had done $10 which kept it going, but still left your account in limbo. Around March 9th was my last renewal and I only did $5.00 which is still curently the balance on my account, so it didn't even get applied. Now when I call, Instead of a renewal date, I now have an expiration date of June 9th, so that was 90 days out from my last renewal or March 9th. I think it would take atleast $5.00 maybe $10 to bring it back into good standing.

I think I'm going to let it expire and istead of using this 3g service, I'm going to purchase another line/sim on my current Verizon unlimited plan and just use this mifi pack on that plan for $20/mo. I wasn't sure it would work since it's supposedly flashed to work with the LycoMobile sim card that's in it, but  I did a test and my active Verizon my sim card from my phone works in the jetpack with 4g LTE service with only changing the network settings to allow LTE service. So it seems like it worked as it should on Verizon's service getting great LTE speeds down and up. So Instead of screwing with this monthly renewal game paying $10 or even $15/mo to keep this thing active, i'm going to pay $20 and get full LTE Service.

Since I got this thing which was prior to the latest Verizon unlimited plans, I also now have the AT&T 250GB Rural Plan on the home base router and the T-mobile 6GB Simple Choice plan on a mifi device before they went away. Both of those currently bring much better speeds than the Verizon 3g. And also now the AT&T Mobley device is out there for a standalone $20/mo with good results. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

BlueLghtning, that is what I am thinking too. I put $15 in last month and the account ate all of it but did keep the service alive. I now have the Mobley which works real well. I guess one has to wonder how long AT&T will keep the Mobley going. If it goes away, this unlimited would be nice to have. Might just try a $5'deposit to the 3G account next month and see if it stays active. If not, so be it.

1 hour ago, Dick N said:

BlueLghtning, that is what I am thinking too. I put $15 in last month and the account ate all of it but did keep the service alive. I now have the Mobley which works real well. I guess one has to wonder how long AT&T will keep the Mobley going. If it goes away, this unlimited would be nice to have. Might just try a $5'deposit to the 3G account next month and see if it stays active. If not, so be it.

If you currently have a renewal date when you call in, then only having $5.00 in your account on that date you'll probably start the 90 day countdown from that renewal date like where I am now with $5.00 balance still on your account. I don't know if the internet continues for that entire 90 days or not? 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Here's a log of my experience with renewing:

Paid $5 Nov 13. Service renewal date Dec 14.
Paid $5 Dec 10. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $0. Renewed early to see what happens.
Paid $5 Dec 22. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $5. Don't recall why I paid early.
Paid $5 Dec 28. Service renewal date Jan 9. Balance $10.
Checked Jan 10. Account expiration date Mar 14. Balance $10. No mention of renewal date.
Checked Feb 23. Same message. Service still working fine.
Paid $5 Mar 12. Service renewal date Apr 11. Balance $0.

It appears that once you hit a balance of $10 and then add $5 the balance drops to $0 and your renewal date advances. I would suggest adding $5 each month on or maybe a day before the renewal date and disregard the expiration date.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

Archived