Nevada Registration

mrschwarz

Sadly it's just not good enough that we pump our money into the economy when we "visit" long term. Since Nevada has no state income tax, they find other ways to make money. The vehicle registration system discourages anyone from having a newer vehicle, as they have a strange graduated fee (based on a percentage of the MSRP of your vehicle, no matter how long you have owned it) to register. In my situation, if I decided to become a NV resident, I would pay nearly $900 to register my truck (newer) and TT for the first time in NV. The fee goes down by a percentage every year, but only becomes tolerable if your vehicle is 10+ years old.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

• 3 months later...

I think you guys worry WAY too much about this. The country is overrun with people who aren't even in the country legally, let alone a particular state, and they're working here, permanently residing here, etc.

Putting that aside, the fact is that MANY laws are written in the context of average people living average lives. Full-timers are not that, and there are endless laws that, read literally, are essentially impossible to comply with as a full-timer. And yet somehow a few hundred thousand or maybe a couple million people are full-timers and somehow the jails aren't full of them.

Try to avoid questions. When questioned, give an answer that seems most appropriate to the situation.

Overall, relax.

Do you mean the sky is *not* falling....at least in Nevada?

Last two words in your post sum up lots (and lots) of the previous "verbage" - very, very well.

Of course.............but, but, but......what if........ :o

These law are written to generate revenue. If you are using the roads of a state they want money to maintain the road you are using. If you are a TX resident but you also stay in NV and have a residence there where you keep a vehicle gararged and this vehicle never goes into TX then you should register it in NV. TX has no jurisdiction over a vehicle that never enters its borders. If however you take this vehicle to TX then it should be registered in TX since it is only occasionally in NV.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived