Yuma area.

Jimalberta

Thing is that if an area is heavily used by weekenders.....that is the place I want to stay away from.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I can't say how crowded the Imperial Dam area is today, but when I was there last February, you had your choice - stay in the parts where RVs were parked as close as they are in a campground, or drive to the parts of the area that were very open. I was hundreds of yards from the nearest trailer for most of my stay (until a friend showed up). True, if you want a location where there are no neighbors within miles, it isn't the place for you, but you really can choose between crowded & open within the area.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

Anyone who parks in a densely inhabited area of Imperial Dam LTVA does so by choice. Many do to be with groups. It is not difficult to locate away form the masses, as far as you would like to be. I have never notice an influx of campers on weekends, possibly because I never parked near the more inhabited areas. Yes, there can be others within sight as this is not wilderness, but it most certainly is not crowded. If one doesn't care to be involved with a community, perhaps BLM dispersed camping areas would be more suitable.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

Hmm....i thought I drove into all the areas with my pickup that I could go with a 40ft MH....I'm reluctant to go in too deep and remote with a heavy DP. I'm sure that with a truck and TT you could get to a lot more remote areas that are more away from people. I dont need to be out of sight of people but I dont want to be so close as to get their dust and hear them talkng and have the view spoiled by staring at another rig. Thats why we are quite content at Ogilby Rd ...fewer rigs and more spread out.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Only problem with both Ogilby and Imperial is they are in california with its plethora of ridiculous rules. Gonna stick to Arizona.

What rules? We do a lot of boondocking along Ogilby Road (we park in the 14-day area north of the railroad tracks...the entrance to the area is just north of the MM4 sign. Other than the normal BLM rules, there are not any "riduculous" rules that I'm aware of here...??? Please elucidate.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived