Steer-Safe, steering stabilizer

SWharton

I have owned two different motorhomes, each with a different brand/type of steering stabilizer and I was happy with the results of each. Neither one had the Steer Safe but I have known several owners who had that one and all reported good results. It would be on my short list if I were looking to add one to a different motorhome.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ours was done by Henderson in Oregon. Their initial inspection and service of our rig and install of the stabilizer was worth every penny

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I have a Steer-Safe. I did not need it for steering issues (lots of things you can do to improve your steering on your coach that don't involve after market stabilizers) but for that "just in case" factor related to front tire blow outs. I really don't notice it doing anything when I'm driving. We picked it up in Deming this Spring.

Roger & Mary
2014 Phaeton 36GH
2012 Honda Fit
Zoe (lab mix) and the cats (Sam & Milly)

• 4 weeks later...

I recently spoke with a super steer dealer about a problem our coach was having with very high wind gusts, being blown several feet. I had the Davis Tru Trac on the old motorhome and that resolved its issue. He recommended the Roadmaster Davis Tru Trac for the front and the Blue Ox rear trac bar. The front also would dip so I asked about Summo Springs which he also recommended, they would dampen that dip.

He did not recommend the super steer for my problem which was occurring above the axles. I though this was interesting. I likened the problem to the method of riding a motorcycle, counter steering, push down on the handle bar in the direction you want to go. When the body of the motorhome leaned in the wind gusts or a spring dipped it went that way. He felt the above was the best bet for this problems resolution.

Next would be heavier sway bars.

They are being installed now at a ford dealer. Time will tell, the Mojave desert is waiting. Major crosswinds are waiting. Time and $$$ will tell.

2014 Thor ACE 27.1

Big Bear Lake, CA

"Altitude is Everything"

They are being installed now at a ford dealer. Time will tell, the Mojave desert is waiting. Major crosswinds are waiting. Time and $$$ will tell.

Once you have some good tests for the changes, come back if you would and start a new thread to give a review of what your results have been, if you would. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We are on our 3rd coach and the first with Safe-T-Plus and it has been a pleasure to drive.Good luck

Captain, U. S. Marine Corps (Retired)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan VMI Equipped For Mom

2001 Dodge 2500 SLT V10

1977 M151A2 Military Jeep "Ma Deuce" & M416 Jeep Trailer

1965 Jaguar 3.8 S-Type aka "Miss Kitty"

http://www.mofrenchbulldogs.com

Archived