CLASS OF 2016

On 10/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, dirtyboots said:

Today (or tomorrow) is my 2 year anniversary into full timing!  Whew - it's been a lot of travel, a lot of new friends, a few mistakes (!) and a really interesting time.  Sitting out some wind in Nevada, then will resume my trek to Arizona for the winter.

Already started a rough draft of my travels for next spring/summer/fall - not as many miles and will try to do longer stays as I go.  BUT, got the trips done that I'd been thinking about for years.  My brother and I visited northern Alberta - a trip we'd been talking about since 1980!  Back then I had NO idea I'd ever travel by RV, let alone live in one - but here I am.

Hope everyone has had a great 2018 and is looking forward, as I am, to next year.  Places on my list are the Pima Air Museum and the Very Large Array, plus hope to spend a month or two in northern AZ.  Enjoy your travels and keep us posted.

Sounds like your headed to Tucson. I'll be there in a few days for the winter. Pima Air Museum is awesome and if you haven't been there before, I'd also suggest the Sonoran Desert Museum https://www.desertmuseum.org/  (stay for the raptor show!),  Gates Pass is beautiful as you drive in to the museum. The Tucson Botanical gardens are very nice and a drive up Mt Lemmon is a must if you haven't been!  There's a very large open mine in Kearny which is about a 90 minute drive from Tucson.  Safe travels.

Cheers,

Don

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mainuh said:

Sounds like your headed to Tucson. I'll be there in a few days for the winter. Pima Air Museum is awesome and if you haven't been there before, I'd also suggest the Sonoran Desert Museum https://www.desertmuseum.org/  (stay for the raptor show!),  Gates Pass is beautiful as you drive in to the museum. The Tucson Botanical gardens are very nice and a drive up Mt Lemmon is a must if you haven't been!  There's a very large open mine in Kearny which is about a 90 minute drive from Tucson.  Safe travels.

Wickenburg is my destination for winter, then thought April might still be cool enough to visit the Tucson area....will totally depend on what shows up on the weather.  Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try all of them! 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

And a Happy thanksgiving from Wickenburg, AZ.  65-68 degrees for the next week with a bit of wind today.

Hope everyone is settled in, warm and dry.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Where are you staying in Wickenburg? We may be heading that way next week. Enjoying a turkey dinner today at the Pair-A-Dice SKP Park in Pahrump. 

Vicki 

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

We met up with dirtyboots (Donna) today for a nice lunch in Congress, AZ. It was great to meet another member of the 2016 class and put a face to the name! She also gave us some great ideas of things to see while we are in the area.

Vicki

214D0375-A32D-4CE2-A7A1-9E317E9D6AA1.jpeg

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And now it's April 1st - no foolin'

Left Wickenburg this morning, heading north then east, then north again.  Will have to do my Tucson tour some other time.  Hope everyone is heading out on their journeys for 2019.  We finally got normal weather for most of March and now it's as it should be.

Post when you can and let us know where you are!

Safe and happy travels to all.

After 4 months of volunteering at Topsail Hill State Park Preserve in Santa Rosa Beach Florida we said goodbye to everyone yesterday and head to Buccaneer State Park in MS. We will work our way to Little Rock to stay at my MIL's for a few weeks, then to Elkhart for warranty work on May 6th. 

We have a work camping opportunity in Bar Harbor, ME for the season so we will go back up there early June and stay until Columbus Day. The campground is really nice and it's only about 18 hours a week, enough to keep busy. we are looking forward to exploring Acadia this year. 

We will go back to Florida next year then we will head out west for a few years, hopefully we can see you when we travel to AZ. 

take care

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

• 4 months later...

Not much activity for the Class of '16....hope everyone is doing well.

Spent a month in Eastern WA, a month in NW Montana and a month north of Salmon, Idaho - now heading southward towards Nevada and on to AZ to visit friends in the White Mountains (Show Low area).  This winter will most likely be in Nevada, west of Las Vegas.  Still enjoying the adventure but glad to not have deadlines this summer :)

Safe travels to all, drop a note when you can.

We spent most of the summer in Alaska and crossed back into the states around the end of July. Just in time for things to start going wrong with the RV and truck. Didn’t think we’d ever get out of Washington with all the repair appointments we had to schedule. As we are making our way east and south toward Indiana we continue to have to stop for irritating problems (bought new tires in Washington and the tire place cracked a rim resulting in a leak and the purchase of a new rim in South Dakota).  

We aren’t in a rush to get back, but would like to have a few dollars left when we get there 😁. We will be attending the Escapees Indiana chapter Rally in September so we do have to make it back by then. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Vicki and Mark 

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

Greetings from Bar Harbor!

We arrived in Bar Harbor on  June 7th for my work camping position at the Bar Harbor Campground. We have really been enjoying the area, especially Acadia National Park. We have done many hikes in the park including some spectacular summits, the views are awesome. Our 6lb dog Mattie also goes with us and loves to "bounce" up and down the rocks and wade in the streams.

We have a had few friends stop in to say hi and have met several more. 

The manager of the campground set us up with a 6'x4' planter box so we have tomatoes, basil and peppers growing. We also have wild Maine blueberries all over the campground and lots behind our site which have been enjoying. 

20190715_132836.jpg

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

• 8 months later...

So, here we are, Class of 2016, probably no where near where we thought we'd be in May 2020.  This COVID-19 virus has certainly changed my plans but have been able to adjust and am sitting in one place until Sept. 2020.  Spent the winter in Pahrump, NV and this spring planned to visit the White Mountains of AZ, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota.

Got as far as the White Mountains and was lucky to find a space in a wonderful RV park.  Will stay here until Fall.  How about you folks?  Where are you and how have you fared?  Take care!

Happy to hear you are doing good and found a place to stay for the summer. We were volunteering at Topsail Hill Preserve SP when all this went down, we  were scheduled to leave the 1st of April. The state park closed on March 23rd but allowed the volunteers to stay until the state reopened the parks. Our park is not opening but we are all back to work. We will be here until the end of May,  unless our plans change. 

Stay safe 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL