Boondocking Meals

Arizona Drifter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always keep a couple of boxes of" Banquet Home Style Bakes" Chicken and Biscuits on hand. It is available at WalMart for around $3 a box or at Amazon for $30/6.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=banquet%20homestyle

Jan and Rocky Larson, Volunteers, USFWS , 9,300 hours each. 29 refuges since 2006. 2 new each year.
2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aladdin, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000w PSW inverter

Philippians 4:11-13 KJV

• 2 months later...

I can pork in pint jars, add Sweet Baby Rays and you have pulled pork. No BBQ sauce... make a gravy . rice and a veggies - supper.

Home canned chicken can be turned into creamed chicken, chicken casserole, hot chicken sandwiches. etc

Home canned beef............stew, hot beefs..........and the list goes on

Home canned hamburger - chili, spaghetti, casseroles, hamb gravy etc

And yes, I do carry a canner with me. Making my own mixes (cream soup, onion soup, taco seas) eliminates many chemicals, and I know what is in the mixes I make.

WICindy

You can keep eggs fresh by burying them in a bucket of flour. Just make sure the eggs are entirely covered with flour, not touching each other or the sides without flour around each egg. This works in all temps except freezing cold. I was camping in the wilds (hiking in and tenting) for 3 months and kept my eggs fresh for weeks this way.

I learned this from my parents, when asking them what my grandparents did before refrigeration....seems this is how they did it, so tried it and it worked well for me.

Same method used as folks moved west in covered wagons. Seems as we have forgotten many lessons from our past. But, it pays to ask and talk to our seniors.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Archived