RV Parks...Er, Resorts for the 1%

bockofma

I like the verbage stating " can be as long as 45 feet and can weigh as much as 10 tons!" Wonder where they found one that light? A 45' Foretravel weighs 56,000# or more. Shoot, my 40' MH weighs 31,000#.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I get the feeling the article is more poking fun at those who can afford it. I have worked in a couple of those kind of resorts. Not much different than any other, really. The people, like any where are all

different and you cant tell who is and who isn't in any % bracket. The nicest seem to have the most,

however. Guess they can afford it.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

*wistful sigh*

Someday. Some.day.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

I think it depends on the resort. The one in Polson, MT was MH only. One in Port Aransas, TX was open to MH and trailers.

With all due respect, that park in Port Aransas is an attractive "ownership" park but it's not in the same league as the kind of parks being discussed in this article. Heck, it doesn't even have a security gate to keep the riff-raff out! :D

We stayed a month at Crystal Lake in Naples FL our first winter as full-timers. Haven't spent that much for a month since then. The RV sites (as distinct from the park model sites) were largely populated by Prevosts and the primary occupation of the residents appeared to be collecting as many "toys" as possible to show off to their neighbors. Not our kind of environment and haven't been interested in trying any other similar parks.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

In all seriousness, does anyone know of a guide to "nicer" (not necessarily this pretentious) parks?

How nice?

Luxury MH resorts

or

Better big rig resorts ?

Most of the time we are away from the MH, sightseeing, visiting, shopping, etc., so a luxury MH resort is not on our list of places to park. If we were to stay put all winter (4 month or more) a luxury MH resort might be appealing.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived