HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

3 hours ago, dblr said:

Mr. Cob did you get to Taos yet???? My son has been on the lookout for you.:lol:

Howdy dblr 

We arrived yesterday I sure hope your Son doesn’t work at this condo complex as the “Mr Cob” side of my personality which I go to great pains to keep on a chain was in full blown display.

When I get my computer unpacked I will give you a detailed reply complete with photos of the WORST parking situation I have ever been in.  What we found when we arrived is NOT what we were told and NOT what you see when you look at the parking area when viewed in google earth.

To be continued.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy All,

This post is in answer to dblr, question about our arrival at the Worldmark, in Taos New Mexico, and should serve as a WARNING to anyone who drives an HDT and has a Worldmark membership.  To begin we made our reservations in January of 2018, at the time the reservation was made we made it very plain that we needed access to parking for our RV which is 72 feet long, we also reserved a ground floor condo so it would be easy to take Newt, my service dog for his potty walks, we were ASSURED that these needs would be met.

I went so far as to recon the place in google earth and verified the driveway and all of the turns were doable with my rig BEFORE the final reservation was made.  So what happened, when we arrived the place is being renovated, everything is tore up, the parking area where I was told I could park was filled with shipping containers used as work shops and materials storage, they had given our ground floor room to someone else WITHOUT contacting us.  To say I was peed off is to put it extremely mildly.

After having to back out of the driveway in front of the check-in, I was directed down a tree lined narrow lane used for delivery's to get to the parking area. I was faced with having to somehow get the truck and the trailer over a large curb, this was done by the workers using old rolls of carpet to build ramps that I could drive over to get into the parking area.  Needless to say this did NOT go as planed and three hours later I was finally parked.  We had to use a 2nd floor condo the first day and are now in the process of being moved into the condo we had reservations for in the first place.

Pictures really don't do justice to the fiasco of getting the rig into the parking area, I took a short well 4 minute video that shows what we had to do to get parked, WARNING I forgot myself and used some cuss words in the last ten seconds of the video, mute it or ignore it, I am still so mad I can hardly type.  All of this could have been prevented if they had only told us that access to the parking area no longer existed and that we should make other plans, this was not done, they have known of this situation since April of this year, there is no excuse for this, there is no excuse for giving our condo to someone else.  After we get moved into the ground floor condo me and who ever runs this place are going to have a pow wow and they had better offer some sort of compensation for this mess.  As I said in the beginning if you drive an HDT rig, I strongly suggest that you DO NOT ever think about staying at this place. 

https://photos.smugmug.com/Dave-and-Donna-summer-trip-2018/i-L3BCMZF/0/e701ab25/1280/IMG_3075-1280.mp4

Dave, Donna and Newt

Edited by mr. cob
sqeling erores

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

23 minutes ago, wtgeodog said:

Dave,

I expect the road conditions in South East New Mexico did nothing to soothe the "Mr. Cob".

US 285 from Ft. Stockton, TX to Roswell, NM is TERIABLE.

ShortyO

ps we are at Sundance RV Park in Cortez, CO.

Howdy ShortyO,

We come over from Amarilo on I-40 then turned north on 84 drove that until going north on 518 over the mountains and into Taos.  I really enjoyed crossing the mountains on 518 many miles of steep grades and sharp corners but I like that kind of road keeps you alert and the views were GREAT.

We will be passing through Cortez on the way home but won’t have time to visit.  There is a fellow from North Dakota coming to look at the Freightliner, as soon as I get home so when we leave from Taos  that big yeller kitty is going to be humming right along.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, sorry to hear of your parking fiasco in Taos, I knew the parking there was not going to be the greatest and that was BEFORE all the construction that is going on there. I stayed there 2 winters ago for skiing and it was tight then just with other guests cars, wish I had known it was that bad my son might have been able to arrange a spot at his work, a couple of miles up the road to the right after you leave the Wyndham. Anyway your in now so relax and enjoy the beautiful area, try eating at Michaels just across the street from the resort and another great breakfast spot is the Taos Diner, take a right of the complex and about 2 miles on your left is the Diner. Hopefully my son might find you and recommend other spots, if there on Sat. drive up to the ski area and find the Bavarian ( The Bav ) great German food and even better beer!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

6 hours ago, dblr said:

Dave, sorry to hear of your parking fiasco in Taos, I knew the parking there was not going to be the greatest and that was BEFORE all the construction that is going on there. I stayed there 2 winters ago for skiing and it was tight then just with other guests cars, wish I had known it was that bad my son might have been able to arrange a spot at his work, a couple of miles up the road to the right after you leave the Wyndham. Anyway your in now so relax and enjoy the beautiful area, try eating at Michaels just across the street from the resort and another great breakfast spot is the Taos Diner, take a right of the complex and about 2 miles on your left is the Diner. Hopefully my son might find you and recommend other spots, if there on Sat. drive up to the ski area and find the Bavarian ( The Bav ) great German food and even better beer!!!!

Howdy dblr,

After the pow wow, Donna was given back the points for this stay and they are going to file an insurance claim to cover the scratches on my trailer, how that will turn out is anyone's guess.  We are gonging to do a few museums today, the weather is supposed to be good tomorrow so the plan is to visit the Memorial at Angel Fire.  Thanks for the restaurant recommendations, we will check them out.

Dave, Donna and Newt

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hanging around Colorado for the past 5-6 weeks (Salida, South Fork, Pagossa Springs, Salida, Leadville, Silverthorne) so I decided to come stop by and see Maurice & Ginny in Yampa, CO. I've been here a couple days already and they are awesome hosts and I love their property out there. 

I tried to trade Maurice my Volvo for his Petrebuilt, but Ginny put her foot down. :D

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

2 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

I've been hanging around Colorado for the past 5-6 weeks (Salida, South Fork, Pagossa Springs, Salida, Leadville, Silverthorne) so I decided to come stop by and see Maurice & Ginny in Yampa, CO. I've been here a couple days already and they are awesome hosts and I love their property out there. 

I tried to trade Maurice my Volvo for his Petrebuilt, but Ginny put her foot down. :D

Howdy Dan,

Maurice and Ginny, are great folks, we sure enjoyed our stay with them, be sure to say Howdy to Maurice and give Ginny a hug from me.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Dan,

Maurice and Ginny, are great folks, we sure enjoyed our stay with them, be sure to say Howdy to Maurice and give Ginny a hug from me.

Dave

Hey Dave. They certainly are great folks and what an awesome place! Having 50amp power is just icing on the cake too! I'll surely tell them you said hey! 

I got one of the bikes out today and hit some FS roads around here! Lots of great riding! 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

• 3 months later...

We're in Crossville, Tn, at Deer Run, with Paul and Paula, and another couple, enjoying the "refreshing" fall weather.  Cold and rainy, but good company.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

We're in Polk City, FL, at the LeLynn RV park, visiting family and waiting for the RV show in Tampa.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

On 1/13/2019 at 7:19 PM, mb36912 said:

Now in Bentsen Palm Village in Mission, TX.  Will be working in Reynosa until June, 2019.

Working in Reynosa???

What will you be doing?  Where will it be?

I am in and out of Reynosa a lot.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Pulling out of Cedar Key in the morning, headed for the Escapees park near Mobile, AL for few days, then working our way to the Texas Hill Country to ride the bikes and visit with friends.

We might even slow down in Houston long enough for a Dr. Pepper............

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

HERO Maker:

I have been here since last June; first at Casa de Palmas and now at Bentsen Palm Village.  

I spent two years shutting down and disassembling two ignition wire plants in Nogales, SON and relocated them to an SMP operation just off 97 on the south side of Reynosa in the Parque Industrial Stiva Alcala.  I was supposed to be finished the end of last May, but the Reynosa operation had issues and needed help resolving maintenance, repair, and operational issues.   And so after heading north for cooler climes on June 1, we found ourselves once again turning south and heading back to the the border mid-June...albeit we were now about 1200 miles east of Nogales and in a much more humid environment.

You are “In and out of Reynosa a lot”?  Are you working there also?

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

19 hours ago, mb36912 said:

HERO Maker:

I have been here since last June; first at Casa de Palmas and now at Bentsen Palm Village.  

You are “In and out of Reynosa a lot”?  Are you working there also?

I run mission trips into Mexico a few different times during the year, and will be down here for a few months at a time getting things set up.  Take a look at the link in my signature.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

We continue to put faces to folks here.  A few days ago, we bumped in to Bob and Sue Guthrie, aka Hither and Yon, at the SKP park near Summerdale, AL.  We went out for supper and had a nice visit.

Yesterday, met up with Phil, aka Big 5er, for supper and swapping lies.  He even bought supper.:D

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

• 4 weeks later...

I am heading back to Jeepin' with Judd at the Clear Springs Ranch outside of Bartow, Florida. 

This is a fund raiser for the Florida Sheriff's youth ranches.

A little off-road dirty fun.

www.jeepinwithjudd.com

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Set up at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the parking lot outside turn three for the Pennzoil 400 this weekend.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 1 month later...