2016 Mid-America Truck Show

adept99

Drooling time again. The 2016 show will run from 3/31 to 4/2/16 at the Louisville, KY Fair & Exposition Center.

www.truckingshow.com

Limited rig parking at the fairgrounds with EARLY registration.

Paula & I will probably attend on Friday, and gather with a few folks for an excessive amount of good food later that evening. No firm plans yet.

If you have specific questions, PM me & I'll try to help.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Cool - look forward to seeing you.

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

Give us a full report, since all of the truck manufacturers pulled out and won't have any new iron on display.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Don't know what the manufacturers are bringing but all the usual suspects (Volvo, Mack, Pete, KW, Western Star, International) will be represented by (at least) dealers. Can't speak to the mfg's other than to say that they wanted to change the show to every other year following the 2015 show. Maybe this is their way of making sure folks realize they're serious.

Besides, all I can afford is a new set of Chrome lug nuts. No new tractor this year.

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

went two years ago think i will try to go this year.....!!!!

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

Hi Paul,

It looks like I'll be there for the duration. I'll be manning a booth, so by the time dinner rolls around, good food will sound awesome!

i stayed in the rv lot two year ago

81 CJ7 jeep
94 sport Nautique
N7UVW

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

Also, in case anyone going for the first time isn't aware, registration is free if you do it by the end of February. Here's the link. It also speeds up the process of getting in a little bit.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

If you plan on staying at the venue you have two choices. The "campground" where you have pavement and up to 50 amps electric (if you get there early). And the truck "parking lot" which is on dirt. Not gravel. Dirt. It is a muddy mess if it rains and I suspect more than one truck has been stuck there. No facilities at all. However if you got to the lot early you could pick a less "adventurous" spot.

I recommend the campground (the word campground is a stretch....it is a parking lot with power and some sewer drops.). But get there EARLY. And sign up EARLY.

It takes at least two full days to even scratch the surface of what is there.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

If you plan on staying at the venue you have two choices. The "campground" where you have pavement and up to 50 amps electric (if you get there early). And the truck "parking lot" which is on dirt. Not gravel. Dirt. It is a muddy mess if it rains and I suspect more than one truck has been stuck there. No facilities at all. However if you got to the lot early you could pick a less "adventurous" spot.

I recommend the campground (the word campground is a stretch....it is a parking lot with power and some sewer drops.). But get there EARLY. And sign up EARLY.

It takes at least two full days to even scratch the surface of what is there.

Jack is stay on the pavement when i was there with10 other rvs and it rained just north of me i think there is a dirt lot !!!! We were on the west side....was a great show and show trucks....

81 CJ7 jeep
94 sport Nautique
N7UVW

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

Last year we stayed in the Truckers paved lot near the stadium. It was great. They had food vendors, porta-potties, entertainment and shuttle service to the show. All free! Even had one of the truckers help me back in to one of those 10' wide spaces similar to a Fying J. Never thought I could pull that one off.

• 1 month later...

Just a followup reminder - the MATS show is coming up at the end of this month. Thursday, 3/31/16 through Saturday 4/02/2016. Drop me a PM if you would like to head out to dinner with us Friday night. Had a good time last year and ate far to many oysters at Doc Crowe's.

As always, we live in the local area, so if you need to know something specific about the area, drop us a PM.

All of the new trucks will be at the show, The mfg's are not bringing all of their show booth stuff and are relying on the dealers to demo the new models. They are also having an historical truck display this year, in addition to the usual show truck displays. You can still register for the show online. It's no longer free, ($10) but it will save you a lot of time getting into the show. One of the best parts of the show is the sheer volume of aftermarket parts and accessories. If there is some widget you want or need, they probably will have it in a variety of sizes, colors, and chrome.

Look forward to hearing from you

Paul & Paula

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

For anyone that doesn't have tickets yet, let me know. For the same $10, VIP tickets can be had, which get you in earlier on Thursday (I think there's other stuff too, but that seemed like the big one).

I'm definitely interested in dinner, but it'll depend on how things are going at that point.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at the show yesterday. Walked my legs off and still didn't see everything I'm sure. I did pick up my new lights from David, can't wait to get them in the new housings. Finally, I'll be able to see where I'm driving at night. Lots to see even without the manufacturers being there. Wear comfortable shoes, my dogs were barking by the end of the day.

Archived