direct link brake controller

heavyduty

Only problem we had was the wire gauge used on the actuator was too small so it was not sending enough voltage for the actuator to communicate with the controller. A simple upsizing of the wire solved that issue.

But if you are not using their actulink electric/hydraulic actuator then this would not be a helpful guess.

Full disclosure - I did not install the actuator and I did already have some of the basic wiring done in the truck from the previous brake controller. The rest of the setup in the truck I did do, but that pretty much was just hooking up the connectors. Mor/ryde did the actuator installation. It was their first one, so I helped a bit and we figured it out together.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Biggest problem with simple anymore, is shelf stock is the only product left. They're not making the simple units anymore.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Biggest problem with simple anymore, is shelf stock is the only product left. They're not making the simple units anymore.

Not true. Hayes still makes their air to electric controller. Like Glenn said, it is simple and very effective. I've got 30k miles on mine and love it. I would have liked to have a BrakeSmart like I had in the LGT but oh well.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Apologies. My local contact had told me, a couple years ago, that pressure sensor brake controllers were a thing of the past. Might have to look again.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

The Hayes controller works. On ours, or in our setup there is a short delay between applying pedal pressure and feeling the trailer brakes apply. If the stars ever align for us, where we had a rv with disc brakes , I would set up a Blu-Dot system on rig.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

OK Jim, now I am curious. I have disc brakes and have never noticed any delay. Thanks for giving me something else to "look" for as I drive along :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

The Hayes controller works. On ours, or in our setup there is a short delay between applying pedal pressure and feeling the trailer brakes apply. If the stars ever align for us, where we had a rv with disc brakes , I would set up a Blu-Dot system on rig.

Jim,

We had a delay with our unit as well however we played around with the "Brake Balance Control" adjustment and the delay went away.

Below is the blurb from the Hayes instructions......

BALANCING TOWING TRAILER VEHICLE

AND BRAKE SYSTEMS

CONTROLLER ADJUSTMENT

The controller handle adjustment affects the rate of application

of the trailer brakes. This adjustment has no bearing on the

maximum braking capacity of the trailer brakes. This adjust-

ment should be made to provide for slight lead of the trailer

brakes over the tow vehicle brakes. Turning the handle clock

-

wise will decrease the rate of application of the trailer brakes,

while counter clockwise will increase the rate of application.

When the desired setting is reached, the controller will hold the

adjustment

Drive on........(Brake with care.....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I have a DirecLInk on my truck. The controller shipped almost immediately, but it took a few weeks for the adapter to arrive. It has been a great controller, though. Works very well for me. I did have a question for their support and they answered it immediately. Very happy with their product and company.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Archived