East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

Buzz, Carl, We plan on getting there on fri just to get setup and partake of some adult beverages. Also hopefully to miss a little of the traffic jam of big rigs. I'm all for starting the pre-rally rally. Buzz that will put us there the 8th. I made resv's starting the 8th. Lets see if we cab hookup. We'll work something out. Shirley would love the company. She want's a 2 day trip. A easy 2 dayer. This will be our 1st trip of any length and I want her to enjoy it. If mama ain't happy aim't nobody happy! Pat

The Old Sailor

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat,

We have driven from Gettysburg to Knoxville in one day when my mom had a medical emergency and 8-9 hours in the truck is not that fun (although much better than a car). Going up to Gettysburg we usually stop at the KOA in Staunton, VA. and it sure makes things better. Going to the National Rally in KS. is usually a three day trip. Like most on this forum 300 miles or so a day is usually a fairly comfortable trip and allows a daylight setup and a chance to relax. Be safe and see you in April.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Gail and I will be there on the 1st (maybe a day or two sooner). Gives us a chance to just kick back and relax before the rally gets going. May even go out and drown some worms.

Steve

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Good morning,

Mary and I are trying to set things up so we can attend the rally on our way to Nacarato Volvo in Nashville to look at a good selection of 730's they have for sale. My concern is that we're still stuck in "Tonka" mode (2000 F*350 Super Duty 7.3 Super Cab w 38' Challenger) and would hate to take a space needed for an HD Rig. Are there any nearby spots for us?

C:\Users\ST\Desktop\RV Truck Combo\Cleaned up rig small.jpg

Mr Stretch, give Kim at Deer Run a call (link to their website is in first post and phone number is on Carl's registration form). She will set you up with an appropriate site with the group. Don't forget to fill out the registration form if you want shirts and send to Carl.

All types of units are welcome, not just HDTs.

Glad you could join the rest of us!

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Mr Stretch, give Kim at Deer Run a call (link to their website is in first post and phone number is on Carl's registration form). She will set you up with an appropriate site with the group. Don't forget to fill out the registration form if you want shirts and send to Carl.

All types of units are welcome, not just HDTs.

Glad you could join the rest of us!

Dave

Absolutely what Dave said. The purpose of the rally is not just for those that own an HDT already but to introduce the concept to those that don't. Everyone is welcome but contact Kim here as we are having a record turnout and she is building new sites.

http://www.deerrunrvresort.com/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl,

Better come up with a plan for group picture. I don't think the dock will handle us this year. Maybe ask Greg if you can use his drone for it!

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

MrStretch, Don't worry. The 1st Rally we went to we were driving a 550. No issues they welcomed us with open arms. We had a great time. Va beach 2010. We went the next year in Myrtle Beach and didn't take the truck. We just stayed in a motel. This will be the 1st time with a grown up truck. In fact this will be our longest run to date. Never more than 200 miles before. Now we are retired. Lets hit the road. So MrStretch we'll see you there! Pat

The Old Sailor

In fact this will be our longest run to date. Never more than 200 miles before.

To me, the long trips are where the HDT really shines. My truck loves long cross country runs. As long as you can maintain proper bladder control you can really tick off the miles. :P

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

To me, the long trips are where the HDT really shines. My truck loves long cross country runs.

This is why I am considering an HDT and attending the rally. Usually more than 5 hrs in my 2011 3500 Denali is uncomfortable. That is why I like to drive no more than 4 hrs. Checking out how folks personalize their rigs will be a bonus for attending.

Getting their Sunday from Charleston, SC area. That will be a long drive.

Last year was our first, and we put it back on the "schedule" the day after we got there. We're in 309. I just spoke to Kim and she said they are working hard to make more room for all of us. She said there should be around 42-44 units. She is such a happy person.

Good Times with Good Friends....

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Hopefully won't jinx it by saying we will be there, but the intention is there. The two previous attempts fell through.

Curious as to how many will be there with

motorsikles?

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

We are set. Arrive on the 7th and conformed with Kim today. Sites still being built. Ha

Reg sent out.

Will be available to meet arrivals anytime in afternoon on 7th and after. Or take care of earlier arrivals as needed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new folks too.

Bill and Joan

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Hopefully won't jinx it by saying we will be there, but the intention is there. The two previous attempts fell through.

Curious as to how many will be there with

motorsikles?

Mike

I am not sure if I will be bringing the bike or not. Don't like to tie it down any more than I have too and I really won't have much time to ride while at the rally. Will be bringing the car for sure though.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I expect we'll be there on the 8th. Will try to break the rain jinx this year by NOT bringing the bikes. (really, I won't have all the mods for loading the new-to-us Smart on the deck done yet)

Woo-Hoo

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

They gave me site 325 but said it might change due to new sites being built. Was trying to leave out Friday but DW can not get off that day, so, Saturday morning it is. Do we need to bring anything for the classes or will it be available to purchase at the rally?

They gave me site 325 but said it might change due to new sites being built. Was trying to leave out Friday but DW can not get off that day, so, Saturday morning it is. Do we need to bring anything for the classes or will it be available to purchase at the rally?

Buzz,

No purchases necessary unless you are going to do David's project (see Nuke E's thread). Just bring a pen and pad for notes. Unfortunately this is not a university quality lecture series but a bunch of folks who volunteer their time to help educate people new to or considering this lifestyle. The seminars are low key and a couple of steps above a campfire discussion, lol, but hope you will get what you're looking for. Plus, the "professors" are all around because a lot of folks you are going to meet have been doing this for years and have lots of tips from the "been there, done that" school.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived