East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

Just received the updated reservation list from Kim at Deer Run RV resort. We already have 37 folks that have made tentative reservations. She is in the process of improving some of the shorter sites in our loop by lengthening to accommodate us. She is also going to add sites by the shower facility. If you haven't made a tentative reservation and think you might attend, I would urge you to do so at the link below. Be sure and mention you are with the East Coast HDT rally. I am expecting this to be our largest rally to date and look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I am including the link for the rally registration also. Any questions, email me at ecrcarl@gmail.com.

http://www.deerrunrvresort.com/

http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-East-Coast-HDT-Rally-Registration-Form-2pg.pdf

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl, next year I expect to see you break the National Rally attendance record!! :)

The ECR is in an ideal spot for this event - location wise. But I guess you will have to find a new venue if you get over 50 units.... :(

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Thanks Jack. Fortunately I have been working with Kim (owner of park) and she already had contingency plans for expansion beyond this year. It's like everything economically driven and our rally is making it economically feasible. Her plans were to have a pavilion up and running in the back loop but felt that the money would be better spent on upgrading sites and adding more sites which she is doing. Gail & Steve do a marvelous job with the National rally as you well know and I expect both rallies will grow as our way of enjoying the RV life becomes more popular. My hopes are the West Coast rally will flourish also and then we will have a venue for just about everyone without extensive travel. Now just get a Canadian rally ;)?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Now just get a Canadian rally ;)?

A Canadian Rally in Calgary might be a good one !!! At Gregg's shop!

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We also beat you to South Texas been here since 12-1-15. Staying in Weslaco at Ranchero Village Mobile Home & RV Park. We did have a Luncheon at Retrama Village in 2011. Jack & Mark headed it up and most of us drove our trucks to show off to each other and anyone that wanted to look. I know we had a good time. It would be nice if we all could get together again. Jack & Mark served Hamburgers & Hot Dogs and everyone brought a dish to share and we all chipped in on the meat bill.

07 630 VNL Volvo
16 Smart Car
2017 DRV 40KSSB4

As someone said here one time, our plans are set in Jello. Susan has to stick around until she's satisfied that her mom is okay after an operation to remove skin cancer on 1/21, then hopefully, we'll pull out. I'd like to get to the RGV by the 25th.

We have never been to that area. We have no idea what the attractions may be, other than warm weather and new friends.

We also plan to spend a good bit of time in the Big Bend area, for some motorcycle fun.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

That's where we're at Lights. Rumor has it that Jack may come in this year. Mark is here, had breakfast with them earlier this week.

Bill, unless something happens we will be there around the first week of Feb. Or so.......For at least a week, perhaps two.

www.jackdanmayer.com

A Canadian Rally in Calgary might be a good one !!! At Gregg's shop!

June and July are typically our Monsoon season, on the other hand there is the Calgary Stampede in early July for 2 weeks. Lots of RV parking at the Mcmahon football stadium parking lot. Not sure about inside.

They boondock but I'm not sure if they provide a big generator. A lot of the Vendors park there.

Banff is only an hour away.

Something to wrap your head around is there is something called a Stampede breakfast. These are free breakfasts put on by businesses, churches, banks all over town. Yup, free. Just source one, walkin, grab a plate and strap on the ole' food bag. Sausages, bacon, waffles, pancakes, eggs, coffee, tea, juice. Kids love it.

Avoid buying the kids cowboy hats with the whistle unless it is for some elses kid.

Just received the updated reservation list from Kim at Deer Run RV resort. We already have 37 folks that have made tentative reservations. She is in the process of improving some of the shorter sites in our loop by lengthening to accommodate us. She is also going to add sites by the shower facility. If you haven't made a tentative reservation and think you might attend, I would urge you to do so at the link below. Be sure and mention you are with the East Coast HDT rally. I am expecting this to be our largest rally to date and look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I am including the link for the rally registration also. Any questions, email me at ecrcarl@gmail.com.

http://www.deerrunrvresort.com/

http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-East-Coast-HDT-Rally-Registration-Form-2pg.pdf

good job Carl.....headed to AZ for a few weeks for Q....been working truckin...

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

Carl Is there a schedule of events for the Rally? I just made reservations for the week and TDW would like to know what will be going on. We made the Va. Beach Rally in 2010 in a 550 Ford. We have been towing w/a 1998 630 we bought from Bob S. in Minn for almost 5 years..I just retired in Sept so we hope to be on the road a lot more. We live in tidewater Va. I thought I saw a schedule but i can't find it now. Thanks for any help. We are really looking forward to seeing the people I've been reading about.

The Old Salior

Looks like I need to change my reservation to Monday and Tuesday instead of the end of the week. All the meetings I want to attend are during those days. Will have to check at work and see if I can do that.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Looks like I need to change my reservation to Monday and Tuesday instead of the end of the week. All the meetings I want to attend are during those days. Will have to check at work and see if I can do that.

Rod

Sorry Rod. I had requests when DW and I took over the rally to do the "academics" early in the week to accommodate those that were new to the idea of an HDT. Then if we hooked them, the rest of the week was to welcome them to the family.:). Hope work will accommodate you.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Sorry Rod. I had requests when DW and I took over the rally to do the "academics" early in the week to accommodate those that were new to the idea of an HDT. Then if we hooked them, the rest of the week was to welcome them to the family. :). Hope work will accommodate you.

Will call the park first, no use getting the days off work only to find there is no where to park. (Doubt it will be a problem with the comments though.) Looking forward to seeing the eastern crowd.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod,

Just let me know if things don't work out and I'll refund your money. ecrcarl@gmail.com

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Rod,

Just let me know if things don't work out and I'll refund your money. ecrcarl@gmail.com

Shouldn't be a problem. Just got off the phone with the Park and have changed my arrival to April 10 with departure on the 13th. Just have to remember to ask for the correct days off in March for the April Schedule.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Hi Carl,

Just a short note to let you know that the check is going into the mail for the registration today. P/M sent.

Hope to see you in April,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hi Carl,

Just a short note to let you know that the check is going into the mail for the registration today. P/M sent.

Hope to see you in April,

Al

Great Al. PM reply sent.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl;

Walking wounded is slowing me down a bit - rotator cuff - and Paula has a procedure coming up tomorrow, but we're absolutely going to be there. Looking foreward to seeing everyone again.

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived