Day/Night Manual Roll Up Shades

Red Crewzer

Looking to help friends upgrade to double (day/night) roll up shades. Any opinions on the three major suppliers (MCD, Automotion, Irvine)? All three seem to be closely priced and offer the same options. Who have you used and why?

Thanks for all opinions and ideas.

2008 Tiffin

Allegro Bus 43 QRP
2006 Honda CR-V

My coach came with Automotion sun visors. They were problematic at first, falling in front of me several times while driving. After some discussion with the company they sent me some parts and that made them work well. But they were not side enough to be really useful so when we replaced all the day/night shades in 2008 we replaced them too. The replacement shades are MCD shademan duo ...powered night shades with manual day shades across the windshield, and manual day & night shades on other windows. Total cost around $2,300. After two years we hade one shade break internally. It was repaired by MCD for a bit over $100. A year later another broke internally and was repaired by MCD for a bit over $50. A couple of years later another broke internally and MCD told me the parts were no longer available and I would need to buy a new shade for $$$. I figured out how to make do without the replacement for that one, and figure the rest are ticking time bombs that will cost me dearly when they break.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Archived