Saving caulking tubes

Danabrodbeck

It seems like every time I pick up a caulking gun to seal something, the tube of caulk is always hardened in the tube and useless. I have a room of butyl tape left over from a Fantastik Fan installation that I did that works great for sealing up th end of an opened tube of caulk or self leveling roof sealer. It seems to extend the life of a tube much longer than other methods that I've tried.

post-56610-0-80049300-1487124432_thumb.jpg

Last summer the crew that put in the new windows at the recreation hall where I volunteer used see link to large wing wire connectors. They said just screw them on like normal, plus the wing wire connectors help keep the tube neck clean. They used them on all the chalk tube like containers including silicon/liquid nails tubes for months.

2022 F-250 4X4 LB SC Godzilla V8 /2014 Northwood Nash 17K/SKP098347

Last summer the crew that put in the new windows at the recreation hall where I volunteer used see link to large wing wire connectors. They said just screw them on like normal, plus the wing wire connectors help keep the tube neck clean. They used them on all the chalk tube like containers including silicon/liquid nails tubes for months.

I use large wire connectors also.

87ecf2fa36fc1b1.jpg

Archived