Florida RV show

Heavymetal

Have Rv tech coming to Rv park Friday for turn signal. I'll try again with truck disconnected so I don't have to bend backwards.

I'll be at the show later after washing the rig...4300 miles of road grime.

Retinas have just dislodged from back of my head

How these truckers put on 700 to 900 miles a day is beyond me.

Passed a toad abandoned by the side of the road a few days back. The front end was completely ground down to the tow bar connection points. Bottom half of both wheels and air dam etc completely gone.

He did leave 2 safety triangles behind the car.

Something like this was on UTUBE.

Roger

Keep us posted and call when you get to the show.

Richard

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Roger, you are close to HDT central in Tampa bay, 301 and Adamo drive is where the heavy truck business is centered, lots of independent outfits in the area as well as the Cat dealer just south in Riverview, they are into standby power in a big way in FL.

Anyone staying in the area after the show might enjoy Fort Desoto park on the St Pete side of the Skyway bridge for an afternoon or a couple of days if spaces are available in the campground. My favorite quiet beach on the west coast.

The Cummins people have me booked in Friday just in case I can't fix it myself. They won't bypass the switch so I my be no further ahead.

Maybe get it bypassed first or at least have the bypass ready to install if they are not able to complete. Also have an RV tech lined up for the trailer Friday as well in case I can't bend wrists enough to get into junction box in the pinbox area.

Shorts, I have to be out of here Sunday so that place may be an option.

Lots of moving parts in the equation at the moment.

I'm just cleaning the shady side of the rig at the moment and switch to other side in a while. I'll be at the show with the Hauler and Smart in the pm sometime.

Thanks. Car seats fold down and its good unless it's hot. Shouldn't be bad. Coming from Tallahassee.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Packing up to head South with the car. Probably arrive near 10pm. What time do the gates open? Hope to find morning shade.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Can't enter after 7pm without a prepaid pass. Guess it's a rest area tonight.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Can't enter after 7pm without a prepaid pass. Guess it's a rest area tonight.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Will be fist one at the gate this morning. Saw the gaggle of HDT's and will park near them. Maybe see a few of you later.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Sitting in the Strong Back Chair. It's fabulous. Not going to tell them yet.

2007 Honda GL 1800

Just google'd the Strong Back Chair. It looks like what I've been looking for, but...... most chairs of this type are too narrow and not robust enough. I'm not a small unit, and I've found that if "bag chairs" aren't set perfectly level, they will flex and allow the rivets to work loose. My fix is to cut all the rivets and replace with stainless screws and ny-lock nuts.

Do they offer a heavy duty model? Are the pivot points just rivets?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Will take some photos tomorrow, saw 300 lb limit on one. Will check the other.

2007 Honda GL 1800

Just google'd the Strong Back Chair. It looks like what I've been looking for, but...... most chairs of this type are too narrow and not robust enough. I'm not a small unit, and I've found that if "bag chairs" aren't set perfectly level, they will flex and allow the rivets to work loose. My fix is to cut all the rivets and replace with stainless screws and ny-lock nuts.

Do they offer a heavy duty model? Are the pivot points just rivets?

Chairs are rated for 300 #. See https://www.strongbackchair.com/ for information on sizes, colors etc. have fun.

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

yes, I visited the web site and it seemed they were all rated at 300#. I'm hoping they've rolled out some new models.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Got the chairs inside and find 300# limit on both. I don't think there are other models or updated ones yet. The store where I was finally able to see them had maybe 10 total in stock that I could see. I got one of each the Elite and the Core. I'm using the Elite to type this right now. Will take some photos later. Mostly rivets putting the metal pieces together. There are screws and nuts for some of the hinged areas, which should be good. Seat coverings are not attached to the frame, but have heavy loops as long as possible between the various connecting tubes with the Elite model. It's just shy of $100 so it's not a "throw around" chair. It will be in its case if not being used and it will be packed with care any time it goes for a ride.

Ok, now in the Core, about half the cost of the Elite. There are Rivits holding the canvas to the frame of the chair in several locations. It does have dual beverage holders for those who are really thirsty. The sit entirely different. I won't know which I like best for a while.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived