RV Servicing

Runroblarun

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys have a rough idea on servicing costs, both for the main engine and generator.

Specifically, I've got a 2004 Ford F450 and the Onan Microquiet 4000 generator and I'll be in CA or NV. I'll obviously appreciate specific answers if anyone has them, but general ones may be of use for the community!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob. I would call a local Ford dealer and ask for a quote/estimate. That would give you a benchmark to work on. Remember though that not all dealers will work on motorhomes. You may also consider calling a Camping World. Many of them can do the engine and generator service in one stop.

regards

By servicing costs, you need to spell out a bit what you need. Just an oil & filter change, spark plugs, radiator flush & coolant replacement, and so on. If just oil and filter, have you considered doing it yourself?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the database and other hints guys, it's just that in the UK I'd have an idea of costs, here not so much and I don't want to get ripped off. I was quoted 450-550 at a place yesterday. Think that was just the engine. Unfortunately we don't have any tools due to travelling so doing it ourselves not an option...

Rob for a 'standard' service on our RAM gas pickup we are looking at $40.00! At a Chrysler dealer. Simple oil and filters etc. $450-550 sounds a bit steep to me. But that depends on what they included in the service. Onan can be very expensive.

regards

we have a Ford F-350. Oil change , replace ALL filters that is about right. Oil change alone and the motor uses 15 Quarts of oil about 85.00.There are many filters and they are expensive. Labor alone is about 80 to 100 $$ per hour.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys have a rough idea on servicing costs, both for the main engine and generator.

Specifically, I've got a 2004 Ford F450...

Is this a Super C? When we had a Class C, some dealers would not/could not work on it because of the height and or weight. With my current Chevy 2500 diesel oil/filter change is about $90 (every fifth change free so $72). Change the fuel filter, about $75. Air Filter about $35. Service of the Allison transmission; dropping the pan, changing both filters(internal and external) and replacing the synthetic fluid is about $225. I don't recall the cost of a radiator flush or changing the brake fluid.

With your Class C check at Walmarts. Some of them will probably do the MH. Maybe even the generator if you ask.

MH should be less then $100. Years ago I even got my 33' Class A oil & filter done at some of those fast change places.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

With your Class C check at Walmarts. Some of them will probably do the MH. Maybe even the generator if you ask.

MH should be less then $100. Years ago I even got my 33' Class A oil & filter done at some of those fast change places.

Not for diesel.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Rod I had a brain failure. No comments please!!! :unsure:

Try these guys. They are the best and we used them often. They will do a motorhome for you. https://www.speedco.com/en-us/index

regards

This is the pdf webpage for Speedco RV service costs: https://www.speedco.com/content/dam/bcs-sites/speedco/pdfs/Speedco_RV_Services.pdf

Nope, it's not brain failure, it just slips into neutral now and then, leastways that's my excuse.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Welcome to the USA market Rob. While us outsiders often think of the USA as being a place where everything is plentiful and cheap it's not always the case. After 7+ years of living in the USA our summary/conclusion is that it's cheap to buy some things in the USA but expensive to maintain them. We owned a 40ft bus conversion in Australia. Heavy duty 22" tyres cost A$300.00 each. (current exchange rate that's about US$210.00). We purchased new tires for our 40ft motorhome in Texas for US$600.00 each!!!! Yup almost identical tyres/tires.

(Computers are cheap in the USA but accessories are more expensive. Our RAM pickup costs US$40.00 for a basic service in the USA. Our Jeep in Australia costs A$300.00 for the same service. Yes I'm generalising). I could name many other things but that's not productive. On balance it all balances out!!!! :wacko: Yes and taxes in the USA hurt way more.

regards

Archived