True safe weight and Pulling a TT with Arrow vs 5th Wheel

frankos72

Insurance?

But all mirth aside. It does beg the question as to why the authorities are so 'strict' with commercial drivers yet so 'soft' on RVers.

I know there would be outrage among Rvers if harsher driving and vehicles tests were done. But remember the accident will always happen to someone else. Won't it?

Back to the OP. We see thread after thread re tow ratings. Yet apart from a few tyre threads there seems little concern about 'other' safety' issues. Maybe Escapee, FMCA, Good Sam etc should make it a more prominent issue.

Just saying!

regards

While elkridge, we were shown a Chapparal 30RLS. For just 1k more it is a much nicer RV. At least from what we can see.

Anyway, we take delivery next Wed on the 30RLS. We are very excited. I have some other questions coming up that I'll start a new topic for.

Thanks Bruce for the added advice on safety. It's funny you mention the nut that holds the wheels. I've been thinking alot about the whole hitch mechanism. I think it's crazy that one little point of attachment can be responsible for 10k pounds! That too me seems like a weak link. I'm using the BW Turnover Ball and an Anderson Ultimate. It's crazy to me that the turnover ball is just held in place by a little pin about the size of my pinky. Aint that crazy! Anyway both are rated at least 50% over my trailers gvwr.

What I hear you saying about the nut is check your lug nuts.

I have safety chains.

While elkridge, we were shown a Chapparal 30RLS. For just 1k more it is a much nicer RV. At least from what we can see.

Anyway, we take delivery next Wed on the 30RLS. We are very excited. I have some other questions coming up that I'll start a new topic for.

Thanks Bruce for the added advice on safety. It's funny you mention the nut that holds the wheels. I've been thinking alot about the whole hitch mechanism. I think it's crazy that one little point of attachment can be responsible for 10k pounds! That too me seems like a weak link. I'm using the BW Turnover Ball and an Anderson Ultimate. It's crazy to me that the turnover ball is just held in place by a little pin about the size of my pinky. Aint that crazy! Anyway both are rated at least 50% over my trailers gvwr.

What I hear you saying about the nut is check your lug nuts.

I have safety chains.

More like check your mental state of mind before towing.

Its the nut that holds the steering wheel that is normally the biggest problem when it comes to accidents.

Relax and slow down you will do fine.

Archived