Winter RV Plans........... ?

Kirk W

We'll be parked next to our Adirondack cottage while we spend the holidays visiting with our two daughters that live nearby. If it gets too cold, we may even move into the cottage briefly so we can reduce the temp in the coach to a minimum to conserve on propane use. We'll head out for Florida, probably the first week of January, depending on the weather conditions.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Will keep doing this so long as health holds out and I can drive.

We can still drive but the health side of things seems to demand that we schedule doctors more frequently for repeat issues. I guess we are fortunate though as Pam had some chronic health issues way back when we first went fulltime and we still managed to keep going with only annual visits to the same doctors for 10 years and two more with 6 month return intervals.

I did realize not to get real good at house chores or she may have had me permanently doing them.

Glad to hear that she is doing better. I managed to keep Pam thinking that I didn't know how to clean or do laundry for 50 years until she had her ankle replaced and was non-weight bearing for 8 weeks so I tipped my hand...... :huh: Now she seems to "share" duties more often.

I do want to thank all of you who have contributed as there are several of us here who used to be fulltime and have had to settle at least part of the year due to health or family issues and it is great fun to share the stories of everyone here and to remember the great experiences we had along the way. Savor every experience, even the difficult ones as the years will pile up much more quickly than you expect. And keep the reports coming for those of us not traveling to read on slow days! We will be back on the road next March and I've already begun my latest modifications and upgrades to our little travel trailer to have it ready!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We'll be home until just after Christmas so we can have the holiday with our children and grandchildren. Then we will head to Texas and spend a month in the Hill Country. The next 2 months after that will be devoted to "seeing places in Texas we haven't seen before" per the DW. Then it is back to the Hill Country in April for a rally. And after that.... ?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Still muddling through one more Wyoming winter before hitting the road next October. I'll be doing the boring stuff like replacing all lights for LED bulbs, finishing the interior decorating, selling off more furniture and donating to the Salvation Army, moving or making lists of the things that still need to be moved into the RV, working until May while saving money and then re-coating the roof, replacing the batteries and tires, and getting the jacks fixed come spring.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Currently on mission to volunteer for a month or more in each lower 48 states, with 14 states completed so far. Now we are in Kansas NWR until mid Nov, then on to Dallas area to sell Christmas trees for holidays, Patagonia, AZ as volunteers for winter, then on to Hot Springs, AR to camp host for spring, next Madison, WI to camp host for summer, and maybe Colorado for next fall.

Greg

Thanks for the offer for help Roger.

He is a retired builder and I helped him in the winter if the weather was too bad outside to operate a drilling rig. So it will give me a break from RV repair and people calling for help.

He does have flood insurance, But it looks like if he spends more than x amount they will make him build a new house. A new house has to be about 3' higher higher than what was built when they built his neighborhood. So that a new house will not be in the flood elevation.

I just need to figure out how and what to tell customers what I am doing.

How about trying out a temporary retirement.

There a lot of people that could use your help Roger so find where your help would help the most.

Safe Travels, Vern

Well, this was to be our maiden year for snowbirding and we're still hoping that works out. Having just retired and relocated from WA to MT, we're now in the middle of a trying to complete a house purchase. One contingency item is taking longer than expected. We were planning to head south on I-15 and visit Bryce and the Grand Canyon then Farmington NM... making out way down to Yuma. We'll see how things go.

Sold out house in June, full time travel for 3 months and husband wanted to stop traveling. So we have a yearly lot in Phoenix and plan to travel in the hot months.

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

Archived