• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prplehearts

prplehearts

• Validated Members
  • 7 posts
  • SKP#:22908

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Does anybody who has or had a Class C motorhome ever permanently mount levels in ascertaining best level of a campsite? Where did you mount them on the cab chassis where you could visually make adjustments on the fly...so to speak? I realize there are those of you who feel "close enough" is adequate, but I would appreciate hearing from those folks who might be so inclined ,as we are ,to get close to true level for reasons besides refrigerator operation.
Thank You

#2 MrSeas

MrSeas

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

http://www.logicbluetech.com/

2005 Volvo 780, ISX, UltraShift, Jackalopee, TrailerSaver, ScanGaugeD, DirecLink.

#3 sandsys

sandsys

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 7,541 posts
  • SKP#:99753

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

We carried a small center bubble level in a compartment on the dash. We simply dropped it on a nearby flat space when parking. Ours was similar to this: http://www.homedepot...-3604/100147382

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

#4 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 27,470 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

I have not owned a class C, but did own two different class A rigs and doubt that the leveling would be much different. Our first class A didn't have a leveling system so we leveled using blocks and out second one had leveling jacks so it was much easier. In both cases I did install levels that could be viewed from the driver's seat to help in leveling up. 

To start the process of mounting, I first got the RV as nearly perfectly level as I possibly could. I did this using a small torpedo level and leveled everything based upon the bottom of our RV's refrigerator. I then carefully mounted two levels, one on the dash for side to side leveling and another on the left wall for front to back leveling. I found the round levels to work but the ones like in the picture to be more easily read and used.   

31YAyCAPd5L._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#5 Smitty

Smitty

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

When in question, we use a phone app for this. We're lucky, as our middle of the coach kitchen counter, matches the middle of the coaches middle coach floor title - as far as being level. 

Class C's can come, or have added, leveling systems. That makes traveling a bit easier:)!

Best to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,
Smitty
04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!