Luxe 5th wheel by Augusta RV

dblr

I also spent an hour with Cole from New Horizons. The whole family are really down to earth and straight shooters. My thought is they won't be able to compete on price with DRV or Augusta but they have extended there customer base with the new Summit and they offer greater "value" if they are within your budget. Just my opinion.

I agree. If one is shopping primarily price then the New Horizons is not going to compete with a DRV or Augusta. BUT, if shopping for value for the dollar it is a different story. You do get what you pay for, for the most part, with an RV. But almost everyone has price limitations. New Horizons works very hard at producing the best product they can at the price points they compete at.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 1 year later...

We ordered a 5th wheel through Augusta RV and love it! I would encourage you to give them a call, tour the factory and come to your own conclusions. They were in Pamona California at the RV show this year and also at the Hershey RV show. We were only looking for a true 4 season 5th wheel that is make specifically for full time use. It's a custom made 5th wheel so we upgraded things like suspension.

Augusta RV just merged with RV Factory, which is a great thing too!

Kathie and Tom

Ambition 33QS (Honalee)

Augusta RV

Contacted AR about the Luxe Chassis. It is 12 beam 10.8# per foot. It has 2X2 tube steel 1/4" thick welded to bottom of it. Also tube steel cross sections. Not shabby.

They have quite a few videos on utube.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

• 1 month later...

The one thing that boggles my mind is the resale value of the NH Summit series. If you go on one of the sale sites, you generally see 8 to 10 year old models selling well below 50-75% of their purchase price.

I missed a beautiful one a couple of weeks ago :(!

My one question is what makes the better manufactures products better? What destinguishes the best from the rest?

The Augusta has significantly higher quality cabinetry than the DRV. They are also much more open to customization than DRV, at least at this point. DRV seemed to be much more "these are the choices we have" attitude. I also spent an hour with Cole from New Horizons. The whole family are really down to earth and straight shooters. My thought is they won't be able to compete on price with DRV or Augusta but they have extended there customer base with the new Summit and they offer greater "value" if they are within your budget. Just my opinion.

I had 2 pages of deletes and custom changes on my 2016 DRV build. Maybe it was the dealer that you were working with?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I had 2 pages of deletes and custom changes on my 2016 DRV build. Maybe it was the dealer that you were working with?

Ditto on my recent order. It is definitely the dealers prerogative on how much effort they want to put into a custom order. Some will and some won't. You need to use a dealer that specializes in special orders (like Rolling Retreats) if you want a "semi"-custom DRV.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2014 Flex by August RV new in the spring of 2016 and it developed a crack in the sidewall starting at the bottom corner or the front bedroom slide I noticed in the fall. Should have been covered with the warranty since I had it less than 1 year when I notified them November 8, 2016. Due to the merger they are not covering it since it was discontinued and The Rv Factory only took on the Ambition and Luxe lines. Said they notified previous owners but that has been a dead end so it looks like a $5000 repair I'll have to come up with.

The Flex is not a high end unit listed originally @ $62k but they did a good job for that price point. Any 5th wheel can have a defect show up like mine did but wish they would have stood behind the warranty. Augusta Rv started in 2013 (mine manufactured late 2013) shows inexperienced in some areas but they did use quality materials "again for that price point". I would be more concerned with service after the sale because of my experience with them but hopefully that will change. Was planning to upgrade in 5-6 years to the Ambition or possibly Luxe because of the way the Flex was built but a New Horizon Summit isn't that much more.

Was planning to upgrade in 5-6 years to the Ambition or possibly Luxe because of the way the Flex was built but a New Horizon Summit isn't that much more.

The Summit is very competitive in that market. The Summit is TOTALLY different than the "old Summit"....it is now built on the same frame as the Majestic, is a widebody, and has the infrastructure of the Majestic. I'd likely categorize it as a value-leader in that segment of the market. New Horizons will start heavily marketing the Summit as time goes on....most people do not know about it, or think of it in terms of the old Summit. If someone is looking in the Lux or DRV Mobile Suite arena then the Summit is worth a look.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived