Essex Junction, here we come!

Kirk W

The next escapade is still 7 months away but I've been wondering how many of us have signed up thus far? Pam will be on the craft area staff this year and I'll be working security with Bob again so we are registered. We will be looking for you there and I'll probably be out front on traffic control when you arrive, so please do wave when you come in!

Have you registered yet? If not are you planning to come? Or thinking about coming? This is going to be a good year so let's all get signed up! :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Looking forward to having Pam as my "wingman" for the craft area. I'll actually be in contact with her soon as I want to run a couple ideas past her.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

As much as we would love to see that part of the country (never made it there when we were fulltimers), it would be a 5,000+ mile round trip for us from our sticks and bricks, so we're going to pass on attending this year.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

As much as we would love to see that part of the country (never made it there when we were fulltimers), it would be a 5,000+ mile round trip for us from our sticks and bricks, so we're going to pass on attending this year.

You really should plan a trip and spend the time to see at least the high points of that area. For us, it would be about 3500 miles if we only went to the Escapade, but we don't plan to do it that way. We are tentatively planning a stop or two in route to Essex Junction, then go west via Canada to Michigan, then south into KY and then back to TX again. By the time that we get back we will have close to the 5,000 miles also, but we expect to take 3 months or more to do it.

We're signed up as well. Plan on visiting family in the NY North Country before, then we have to beat feet west and be in Seattle for an Alaska cruise on Sept. 15. It;'s all about planning!

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

We are excited to see all of you there! The area is just beautiful and there is much to see and do in the New England area....with fuel prices on the low side...it should be a good year to travel to the northeast.

There is a great educational week in the making with lots of good content and Jimmy Travis will be back to entertain us once again, along with The Marlins, Johnny Goodrum, and our home-grown talent for Ham-O-Rama! Nick Russell and Chris and Jim Guld will share interesting topics with the group all week long...so much to do and see...so little time! Thanks to all who are making the trek east....we look forward to seeing you in Essex Junction!

Safe travels and big hugs!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

This will be our first escapade and will be there from 7/23-7/30. :)

Our first as well. We'll be there for both Boot Camp and the Escapade.

Guess we'll be in the minority of folks travelling west to attend. We're signed up for our first escapade as well as the boot camp too. Looking forward to it! We're taking delivery of our new (to us) rig around May 1 so the rally timing is near perfect for us, not to mention it's nearly in our back yard (unless the house is already sold by then). 2 weeks into retirement and still hasn't sunk in.

Cheers,

Don

Hi Mainuh...traveling west to Escapade is great too....it's nice to be in that area this year!

Bring some lobstahs with you....just one of the many things to love about Maine and the terrific folks who live there. Blueberries are pretty fine too! :)

See you in Vermont!

Bob & Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hi Mainuh...traveling west to Escapade is great too....it's nice to be in that area this year!

Bring some lobstahs with you....just one of the many things to love about Maine and the terrific folks who live there. Blueberries are pretty fine too! :)

See you in Vermont!

Bob & Molly

Hi Bob & Molly,

Might be a little early for blueberries, but lobsters are always in season! We're excited for the rally and boot camp and we'll try to be sure and say hi

Cheers,

Don

• 1 month later...

Don,

Glad to see you're going to the Escapade and Boot Camp. You will be exposed too much information. Some time later you will remember what you heard and it will make sense. Enjoy.

First part of retirement is like a longish vacation. Then reality sets in when the season changes and you don't have to worry about travel to and from.

Of course, the year we decide to go to Alaska the Escapade is close by.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

We're excited for the rally and boot camp and we'll try to be sure and say hi

We will be there so do stop and introduce yourself! Pam is working in the crafts area this year and I'll be a security assistant.

Kirk, We're volunteering at Wallkill NWR in NW NJ this summer but taking a week break to go to our first escapade. We'll be sure to stop by and say hi. We had planned once before to do so but you left a certain fish hatchery shortly before we passed that area.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

Kirk, We're volunteering at Wallkill NWR in NW NJ this summer but taking a week break to go to our first escapade.

That was one of our more unique trips to KY. Worst part was that we declined a position on staff at that year's Escapade in order to meet our commitment to that particular hatchery.

I'll be there helping with the sound systems again.

We need to touch bases at some point this year. Guess I never thought of it in Tucson. :) Is Sky doing property again this year?

• 2 months later...

As it turns out we will not be able to attend this year .

After signing up, my wife had a fall in early January and cracked a vertebra in her back , Now after the healing it is looking like she will be having a surgery . So travel is out for the time being . We were looking forward to meeting several of you ,but we will be shooting to attend next year .

Kirk, We're volunteering at Wallkill NWR in NW NJ this summer but taking a week break to go to our first escapade. We'll be sure to stop by and say hi. We had planned once before to do so but you left a certain fish hatchery shortly before we passed that area.

What fun. Please come find Ron & I as well. Lots of volunteering g notes to compare. Well be in the craft area and I'll be doing a seminar on volunteering.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Well be in the craft area and I'll be doing a seminar on volunteering.

Drop me a note if you are interested in some help with the volunteering seminar. Between the two of us we have a pretty wide range of experiences. :P

Hi Everyone:

I hope it's a web page error, but when I tried to regster today it would not let me get past the screen where I entered the size of my rig UNLESS I marked that I wanted to boondock. Does that mean all the sites are taken?

Can anyone help?

Kindest Regards;

Leo

event.png

Leo, I am not sure but have sent off a note to the Pinner's to get the answer to that one. I'm sure that one of them will respond pretty quickly, but if not, call the business office on Monday and they should know.

Thanks Kirk. It looks like the Forum is down until the 4th, so we’ll keep checking back. Electric sites are down to about 30 sites left and those will be gone in just a day or so. Registrations are topping the charts for Vermont…good news, but there will be only boondocking available in a few days. The good news, is that the weather in VT should be delightful for boondocking and there are showers and bathrooms for attendee use in the CGs, so feel free to share this with anyone you like.

Molly

Archived