Batteries

SuiteSuccess

Peterbilt Knoxville has batteries (950cca) on sell for $65.00 with core trade in. Cheaper than my Volvo dealer at $78. Gonna pick up four tomorrow. Might want to check your Pete dealer and see if this is nationwide.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Peterbilt Knoxville has batteries (950cca) on sell for $65.00 with core trade in. Cheaper than my Volvo dealer at $78. Gonna pick up four tomorrow. Might want to check your Pete dealer and see if this is nationwide.

In my experience the Paccar dealers always have a good deal on batteries...not sure why that is, but every time I am in those shops they have battery "deals".....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Have not dealt with Peterbilt Store here before but have to say I was very impressed. Small dealership but parts department guys extremely nice and asked who I drove for. Explained what we did and he was impressed. Signed me up for a program usually for fleets where I can get special discounts on parts and any special sales. Will be back.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, my experience with all the Paccar dealerships I have been to is very positive. In many cases you can get the same parts as the Volvo dealers (not Volvo-proprietary) and for far less. And accessories as well. For example, I just picked up some front wheel covers at a good price. I have had my truck services at the local Kenworth dealer and the service writers, shop forman and mechanics have all been very good. They volunteered the "local fleet" rate, since they know I live here part-year. And the service work has been excellent.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Carl, my experience with all the Paccar dealerships I have been to is very positive. In many cases you can get the same parts as the Volvo dealers (not Volvo-proprietary) and for far less. And accessories as well. For example, I just picked up some front wheel covers at a good price. I have had my truck services at the local Kenworth dealer and the service writers, shop forman and mechanics have all been very good. They volunteered the "local fleet" rate, since they know I live here part-year. And the service work has been excellent.

I have not tried another brand dealership for any service work but may. Like I've said before our local Volvo dealership used to be pretty good but had some recent layoffs and cuts in service hours which is bothersome. Apparently they lost some of their more seasoned mechanics. Ken Carruth has always steered me toward the Kenworth dealer but I've been stubborn with brand loyalty. For non-emergent work I'll be going to B&B Truck Service near Nashville based on my very positive recent experience with them. Just wish I could find a good independent shop closer. I'll run into the right person at the right time and get a referral to a good local shop.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I have a Kenworth now and the parts are pretty much gold plated. With that said. I have been much happier with the Kenworth shops that I have dealt with than the Volvo shop when I had my Volvo. Batteries always seem to be on sale and the fleet pricing is very nice. When I bought my seats the parts manager told me if I would wait for a week he could save me a few hundred per seat. He kept the seats in the back for me, called me when he could drop the price and I went to get them.

HI tyates007!

Well I guess Kenworth part prices could be called "GOLD like" (subjective). I haven't found that to be true, in fact when I have bought parts and supplies else where I have latter found I could have

gotten them at Kenworth for less. I'm not saying that is true every time but I have found/learned to just go to my dealer for my needs, JMHO.

REMEMBER, Many Kenworth dealers are also Volvo dealers and the Volvo parts prices are closer aliened

with Kenworth prices, again IMHO.

CARL, That sounds like a great price on those batteries. Incidentally we have gotten service at

Knoxville Kenworth more than once and have been very happy with them!

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

HI tyates007!

Well I guess Kenworth part prices could be called "GOLD like" (subjective). I haven't found that to be true, in fact when I have bought parts and supplies else where I have latter found I could have

gotten them at Kenworth for less. I'm not saying that is true every time but I have found/learned to just go to my dealer for my needs, JMHO.

REMEMBER, Many Kenworth dealers are also Volvo dealers and the Volvo parts prices are closer aliened

with Kenworth prices, again IMHO.

CARL, That sounds like a great price on those batteries. Incidentally we have gotten service at

Knoxville Kenworth more than once and have been very happy with them!

roadfitter

Lol, I was exaggerating a bit about gold plated but I will say my 2000 T2000 has some parts that were specifically unique to it that were plenty spendy. It's funny, when I lived in Idaho I could not find an independent shop that worked on my volvo motor. Here in Washington they are all over. Both trucks have their quirks that's for sure. I have definitely had more opportunity to get to know the shop with my Kenworth but I knew that going into it. I got a very good price on it but knew there would be plenty of mechanical bonding time involved. The Kenworth shop has been very good to me with repairs as well as providing schematics and other things any time I have needed them.

GOOD MORNING tyates 007

Yes I have become well acquainted with Kenworth dealers, but then my "T2" had 827K on the clock when I got it 9 years ago and I have no plans on getting a separation, we are just fine. My overall cost, including the buy price is still under $50,000, still way cheaper than a new pick-up that can't do the job. Better yet I can't say enough about the Kenworth dealers any where we have been, SUPPER!

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

I know what you mean about cheaper than a new pickup truck. I have less than 20k into mine including purchase price right now. Figure getting the bed done and a little body work with some fresh paint hopefully for 15 more. I have a few more miles than yours on the truck with 1.1 million. I only have 300k on the motor and 100k on the tranny so hopefully she's got some life left. I think I have officially hijacked the thread so sorry about that.

My son just changed careers last month, spent the last 6 years working the front parts counter for Inland Kenworth in San Diego Ca.

I get all my peterbilt parts from them. Remember all these dealers have different price list to choose from, it all depends on how you treat them.

You can also get off name parts from them much cheaper, but be careful the quality sometimes suffers.

Stay away from Rig Tuff products they are cheap but the quality is Evan cheaper IMO

My son just changed careers last month, spent the last 6 years working the front parts counter for Inland Kenworth in San Diego Ca.

I get all my peterbilt parts from them. Remember all these dealers have different price list to choose from, it all depends on how you treat them.

You can also get off name parts from them much cheaper, but be careful the quality sometimes suffers.

Stay away from Rig Tuff products they are cheap but the quality is Evan cheaper IMO

Charlie,

Apparently all the dealers have house brands. Volvo's is Road Champion, Peterbilt is TRP, wonder what Kenworth's is?

Found it Kenworth's is Newstar. Any comments on quality of house brands?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Rig tuff is the only one I herd of and have tried and failed.

I'll ask my son if I get to talk with him this weekend, his new job has him working on military base in Gaum so I can only talk to him through face book for the next 5 months.

As a total aside, my dad was stationed on Guam in WWII. Piloted B-29s with the 39th bomb group. If he runs across any pictures or memorabilia of "The Queen Cathy" or "The Renegade" those were my dad's planes and I would appreciate knowing about it. I have been collecting as much data and pictures as I can on his war history as well as several of my uncles who were infantrymen in North Africa and Europe. Want to preserve my family's history for the grandkids.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Peterbilt is TRP, wonder what Kenworth's is?

Found it Kenworth's is Newstar.

TRP is Paccar Parts' line of "all makes" parts, and is available through both Peterbilt and Kenworth dealerships.

While it's entirely possible that you saw Newstar parts on the shelf at or advertised by a Kenworth dealership, Newstar is a line of "copy cat" parts sourced from manufacturers in the far-east, not a factory offering. I bought a Newstar tractor/trailer brake control valve for my T2000 from an independent HDT parts house earlier this year, for about a third the cost of a genuine Bendix valve. It's likely nowhere near the same level of quality as a Bendix replacement valve, but when my OEM Bendix valve would no longer function properly, and for as little as I use the T2000, it's still likely a lifetime replacement part for a fraction of the cost.

All of the brands discussed here (TRP, Newstar, Rig Tuff, etc.) may well be made by the same manufacturers. If you go to Alibaba.com and order enough shipping containers full of any knockoff component, they'll print whatever name you want on the parts.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Archived