Used 780

dan412

When I registered mine in Snohomish, WA there was no inspection. As far as the statement of fact I cannot remember exact wording but I put that the truck had the required items to be a motorhome and that it was used as a personal vehicle only and would not be used to pull commercial trailed at any point. I was very short and sweet

Have they ever done this. Sounds as though they covering their unknown costs. The et hitch comes in from rear and drill holes. Be pending on you bed built it could be simple. Do yourself a favor and put jackolee in sleeper. Pain to get to under chassis. Especially with a bed. Wiring is simple. Even color coded. Truck wires already there. You will run 1 wire for brakes. I put hayes in. Fairly simple. You can find posts here. Henry installs his hitches at rallys. Not highly labor use. Biggest deal is drilling holes. Need good bits

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

You need 32" for the ET hitch if memory serves me right. You can extend frame with welding or bolt on. It is done both ways. If done properly either will work. The pin is at 24", again if memory serves me.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

How long does it take to install ET hitch? My shop wants 2000.00 to install hitch, jackalope and Hayes brake controller don't know if that's a good price or not

It takes a day to install and ET (including) frame lengthening. It takes a welder to lengthen the frame and a second person to do the bolting. The "customary" price for installation has been $700 for straight install and $900 with frame lengthening. This price reflects; number one experience, number two ownership of the magnetic drill.

Jackalopee and Hayes controller, being electronics can be involved (removing interior panels, tapping into air plumbing, etc, etc), I could easily see 5 hours each. The time involved wiring and installing these and cost could easily exceed the price of these items.

The ET is 34 inches long, the head is approximately two feet back from the front of the hitch. On a tandem the frame extension is approximately 18 inches beyond the end of the slope on the frame rails.

We got a better deal because we bought the truck it was 4800.00 base coat clear coat with the door jams painted. They took almost everything off too, TEC Equipment Portland Or. I think they did a very very good job

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

That is a very good price. Some of it was "hidden" in the purchase price (as you know), but nevertheless, it is a good price. Typical these days for a quality job, stripped down, would be more like 8-10K. Or more, "depending".

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

That is a very good price. Some of it was "hidden" in the purchase price (as you know), but nevertheless, it is a good price. Typical these days for a quality job, stripped down, would be more like 8-10K. Or more, "depending".

A ya that was a very good price. Mine pushed the $13.500 mark. But I do have 4 Colors.

My hitch is done brought truck home and hooked everything up looks level. https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP5qfBml-rXLlHF2Kalsfr91MqwX6L8quzU4Kvr

Sorry to say, I can't see your pictures. I need to log into the account.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived