Good Morning from Talladega Superspeedway

edatlanta

I arrived yesterday afternoon for a week of volunteering.

Anyone from this forum going to be here?

I am at GEICO East #282.

Stop by for a cup if you are in the area.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

I wish!!! That's one of the races on my "Nascar bucket list" !! Is it hard to get a "volunteer" spot to work some of the races on the Nascar curcuit?? And are there any perks like free RV spot like other volunteer gigs?? Any info would be greatlyh appreciated as we plan for our first year of full timing (next year).

dirtyboots donna, you are going way back to Winston West. Well remember when running Riverside and when Phoenix first got a Winston Cup race when those boys would tow in. And of course some of those Winston West guys moved to Charlotte, NC. and made it a career.

Yeah, showing my gray now, but sure enjoyed the racing back then.

Phoenix 1978 NAPA 250 http://racing-reference.info/race/1978_Arizona_NAPA_250/P

Look at the names on this list - can't believe I was lucky enough to see them race.

Had pit passes and wandered around at will, Granatelli was there. Good times - what an

introduction to NASCAR.

I have a favour to ask. We are looking for a host/hostess at Monck Provincial Park, near Merritt, British Columbia, Canada This is a volunteer position, without pay, so Americans would be fine. The position is mostly to entertain the campers. We like to have at least one movie a week in our amphitheater. We have regularly scheduled events ie. pet parade, scavenger hunts etc. The position would start about the 2nd week of June and finish the day after Labour Day. It would be 2, perhaps 3 days a week mostly on the weekend. That's what we are looking for.

This is what we offer. A beautiful, terraced site large enough for the biggest rigs. Power and water is included. Grey water into a rock pit and the dump station is just down the road. We have a store and staff gets 25% off. Firewood is supplied. We have a beautiful lake, Nicola Lake, white sandy beach and the water is cold but perfect for swimming. We have about 10 ki of hiking trails, one of them along side a lava bed. Fish are abundant.

The town of Merritt is only 20 minutes away and has most amenities including a regular Walmart.

So imagine spending your summer in beautiful British Columbia for free. (well you have to pay for your food)

If you are interested or know someone who might be, contact me here.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Archived