Classes of 2008 and 2009

Our Christmas was also quiet with good food. I'm so glad Dave's mother taught him to make pumpkin pie and passed down both the crust and filling recipes. OK both recipes came off canned ingredients but knowing which cans to use still counts. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad to see the last of 2020 but, so far, 2021 doesn't look any different from here. Once the vaccine gets distributed I hope everything reopens even though I don't go out much. I'd like to see full employment again for those who need it. I hope we all have a better year this year and those who are still traveling get to do it at will once again.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 months later...

Looks like this class has died.

Freddie & Delsie and Diane & I are here in Paducah having our own rally. We are two blocks apart. Freddie and I go for a walk every afternoon. 

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their life.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

6 hours ago, dlcarsonak said:

Looks like this class has died.

Freddie & Delsie and Diane & I are here in Paducah having our own rally. We are two blocks apart. Freddie and I go for a walk every afternoon. 

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their life.

We haven't died; we've just parked. Not many people stay on the road 13 years but we do still enjoy hearing from RV friends.

Linda

We are on the road, yet. We are continuing to work the Sugar Beet Harvest in MT. That is is in Sept. & Oct. Was in Q in 2020. Heading to a rally in ID. come June.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

We haven't done much this year but plan on heading out the middle of May. Headed for Montana for Jim to do some more walleye fishing. Figure it'll take us about a month to get there. Hope everybody is feeling great and hopefully has some plans for the summer - unlike this last year.

• 1 year later...

I guess i have forgot how to post. I wrote a long one and lost it somewhere. i have been parked here for three years . Still living in the RV. Since I lost Delcie I havent had much  desire to travel, I am going to a class runion at Blair Okla. the first week in Sept. It is 60 years since I graduated, will take the trailer. hope for no trouble after sitting for three years. I miss all of our classmates and will cherish your friendship always. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

14 minutes ago, Freddy & Delcie said:

I guess i have forgot how to post. I wrote a long one and lost it somewhere. i have been parked here for three years . Still living in the RV. Since I lost Delcie I havent had much  desire to travel, I am going to a class runion at Blair Okla. the first week in Sept. It is 60 years since I graduated, will take the trailer. hope for no trouble after sitting for three years. I miss all of our classmates and will cherish your friendship always. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

I would get it out and check everything and take a short close to home trip first.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

26 minutes ago, Freddy &amp; Delcie said:

I'm sorry to hear about Delcie. She was one of a kind.

Linda Sand

It is just 70 miles. My only concern is the tires are close to aged out I havent reg it in two years but hope to get by. Tags cost $135.00 If I get caught the fine wouldnt be much more than that.

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

• 1 year later...

Wowsie!  And this class forum still lives!  Well, it is tweaking by. 

So much has happened since the last time I posted.  I'm not sure when that was so before I go on, I probably need to check.  Hoping that everyone who is around is enjoying whatever they're doing and life is good for them.

Terry, Jeri and Buck (not sure if Buck was ever introduced either).

Edited by Wanderin
wrong word

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

3 hours ago, Wanderin said:

Wowsie!  And this class forum still lives!  Well, it is tweaking by. 

So much has happened since the last time I posted.  I'm not sure when that was so before I go on, I probably need to check.  Hoping that everyone who is around is enjoying whatever they're doing and life is good for them.

Terry, Jeri and Buck (not sure if Buck was ever introduced either).

Buck is new to me. Which isn't saying much since I've been homebound for so long now. :(

Linda

Buck?  Well, that's a story in itself.  Grandson is in the Navy. Grandson wanted a dog.  We told him being in the Navy was no place to have a dog.  A year later we get a call from him saying "Help" and needing us to take Buck.  We told him to fly Buck from Virginia where he was stationed to Arizona.  Well, bulldogs can't fly because of their nose.  So, we flew to Virginia rented a van and drove back to Arizona.  That was in 2016.  We still have Buck, the English Bulldog. :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

2 hours ago, Wanderin said:

Buck?  Well, that's a story in itself.  Grandson is in the Navy. Grandson wanted a dog.  We told him being in the Navy was no place to have a dog.  A year later we get a call from him saying "Help" and needing us to take Buck.  We told him to fly Buck from Virginia where he was stationed to Arizona.  Well, bulldogs can't fly because of their nose.  So, we flew to Virginia rented a van and drove back to Arizona.  That was in 2016.  We still have Buck, the English Bulldog. :)

I remember the whole ordeal of getting Buck, lol. 
you guys sure have been making a lot of changes. I knew about you selling the Alpine, but missed the selling of the lake house somehow. 
we still travel much of the year and hunker down at the house in Havasu for a few months in the winter.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/