Furnace

Cathy and Paula

We turned on our furnace to check it out before buying our 5th wheel and the air flow is very low compared to our dutchstar. Does anyone else that has purchased a Lifestyle have very low air flow from the furnace?

Thanks

Cathy and Paula
US Air Force Retired
2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL/2016 Ford F350 DRW
Fulltiming since Aug 09
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream.blogspot.com/
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream2.blogspot.com/

One speed fan or 2 speed?

I haven't used my furnace in a long time. I do remember it warming up nicely and not blowing the doors off the coach.

Once you get to a cool area, run the furnace and determine how effective the low air flow is. It may surprise you. Or, there may be an issue with the furnace.

BTW, the furnace probably has it's own warranty from the furnace manufacturer, just like the air con.

Does the RV have more heat registers than your Dutchstar or perhaps longer distances to them? Did you check all registers as it may be that one is putting out more than it's share since balancing of head distribution is typically not considered in RV design? If ducts are crushed or have openings somewhere, that too will impact the amount of air movement at the registers.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

What Travelinbob and Kirk said.

I have also felt the air flow could be better. I have replaced some of the floor vents with the type that can be closed to keep the heat out of the bedroom and the area right next to the thermostat. Helps to increase the airflow to the living area. The longest run is to the living area.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

Archived