Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff?

Velos

Will be heading east next month and planning the route through Eugene Oregon with a stop in Crescent, Oregon.

I see Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff is shorter than going 58 to 97 and turning north.

Is Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff a good road (wide enough) for a 40 ft fiver and MDT?

Are there lots of twists and turns?

Would it be better to got 58 to 97?

Thank you.

Personally, I would take the cut-off. You won't have any problems. It's plenty wide and a little curvy, but nothing major and it's a much more pleasant drive. Time wise.. you might save a little, but it won't be much. You 'will' be picking up some altitude though. Just from memory I think it's something around 5k but well worth the drive, IMO.

JM,

Glad you got a quick answer from someone who had driven the road.

What I like to do is use Google Earth to look at roads. In the case of Cnty Rd 61 you can use Google Earth to actually see a 360 degree photo of the road surface for any place on the road. Looking at it with Google Maps either with a smart phone or computer works too.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Not in a rush so the time saving isn't an issue thanks for letting me know it is a pretty drive.

Appreciate the Google Earth suggestion. I haven't used it lately looks like are some nice updates. Also seems to work faster and the Google Maps Lite is real nice for a quick views.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

First post here.

I have been an Oregonian my whole life.

Crescent Road Cuttoff is a great road. Our 42 ft Toyhauler has been through there many times. We are members at Cascade Meadows Resort.

Note: As soon as you make the turn off 58 onto the cutoff " floor it" . It's a big hill. Get a bit of a run at it.

It's a great road and the best way to go north...from a former Klamath Falls person who has gone on all of those roads.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

Archived