Knutson Dam, MN

• 1 month later...

The Host job up here is very different from others we have had, in that this place has only 14 sites with no utilities. Just a vaulted toilet and a single water faucet in the center of the camping area. The boat ramp is used quite a bit but its pretty quiet here for the most part. We have been given a weather radio, first aid kit and the Sheriff has come by to get our contact information! So we are not sure if we feel warm and fussy or if we need to keep our eyes open?! I have noticed they expect larger trash dumpster raiders, as instead of the usual plastic lids the one here has a steel lid that I have to put my trash down and use both hands to lift. Oh did I mention no internet and no phone! We do have Rush and a few channels on TV so its not like we are completely out of touch. Read More:

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Read your blog post. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We were at Tamarac NWR in NW Minnesota last summer and had a grand time. Black bears were there so all the bird seed was locked up at night.

We found the folks in MN fantastic and friendly. Only problem was not much in the way of Texas BBQ or Tex-Mex food.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 2 weeks later...

Archived