A Fox News Article About Full-time RVing

I saw this one http://www.escapehomes.us/ on Tiny House Hunting. I think people are catching on to the benefits of downsizing and there are a lot of creative people out there designing their own "Tiny Lifestyle".

For those wanting or needing more information there were links in each paragraph with more information for example:The Happy Camper:: How I Quit My Corporate Job and Sold Everything to Travel Full-Time Kindle Edition

Another had "how to" videos: https://hofarc.com/learn/

The article was like a table of contents to get started and within each link there was more information depending how deep you wanted to go.

It wasn't a "how-to" article; rather, it did a good job of getting the point across that living fulltime in an RV doesn't mean that you're a down-on-your-luck vagrant.

We have not seen and heard everything but in all our years of Rv'ing we have never heard folks refer to full timers Rv''ers as down on your luck vagrants///

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

It wasn't a "how-to" article; rather, it did a good job of getting the point across that living fulltime in an RV doesn't mean that you're a down-on-your-luck vagrant.

The comments that we received when telling folks we're full-timers were in awe. They always grilled us as to what's it like, where have we been, that they would love to do it themselves and naturally, "How do you get your mail"?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We have not seen and heard everything but in all our years of Rv'ing we have never heard folks refer to full timers Rv''ers as down on your luck vagrants///

We haven't either but we have had people express that we must be rich to do this. :P

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I may run in different circles than some of you (mainly forest service / blm land) but I come across people fairly often that are living out of their truck with not much more than the clothes on their backs.

Good people and I always enjoy chatting and hearing their stories - how they have to move every 20 days from one zone to another, etc. I've found over the years that the people who are most generous often have the least themselves.

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

Barbaraok, on 01 Apr 2016 - 12:23 AM, said:

What? No, it wasn't great. It was a snap shot of a few people, no 'article' at all.

Sorry if I don't think like you Barb!

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

We have been at campgrounds over the year were there were many "Migrate" workers that is those that followed the work.Construction workers, heavy equipment operators just plain laborers, farm workers. Some had RV equipment like or better than ours others not so much. They were good people doing what they had to do to make a living.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived