What do you do?

Back to the OP's original question. When we had some major work done on our fiver, we drove another 300 miles to a dealer who would fix our fiver and actually loan us a trailer to stay in while the work was being done. They brought an old trailer to our site, picked up our fiver, and let us stay until the work was done. We still had to pay for the site but was totally pleased by the loaner. We picked up our fiver when done and they came a got their old trailer and took it back to their for sale site. So see if you can negotiate something like that.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

Mine is now out of warranty, but when I did have warranty issues, one really big one, I took it to the factory service facility. (Fleetwood in Decatur, IN. I often drive past there on my way to my son's house in Ohio.)

They have a gravel parking lot "campground" with electric hookups, and a water fill source and dump site right at the service facility. You stay there the night before and night after at no cost, and they also issue you safety goggles and as long as you wear closed toe shoes, you can wander around the service bays and even sit in your vehicle while they work. They plugged me into 30 amp service, so I had power and could sit in my recliner and use my Verizon jetpack for internet. MUCH more comfortable than the waiting room!

They once had to keep my vehicle for 9 days to tear out flooring and replace a broken weld, so I rented a car and drove to my son's house, which was about 300 miles away. I think they would have put me up in a hotel, but I did not need that since I preferred to spend the time with my grandkids.

Another angle on arrangements, I'm having warranty work done at the factory on my FW in June. The arrangements are we arrive and park in their lot the day before giving a chance to discuss all problems. .

Then we get up early for them to hookup at 6AM but it is returned before 3PM each day. So we will be tourist.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived