How to dump rear bags to change valve

bigredhdt

My rear leveling valve went bad, fully inflated bags. I only noticed it by the growling noise from my driveshaft. That noise is unnerving to say the least.

If I use the dump valve my bags air back up when I shut off the truck. I have disconnected level arm and leveler is not responsive. I would cut a line to an air bag, but I would have to bring under the truck when I do that. (Scary)

Anybody have a good idea?

Ps. Anyone think I should change out bags since they were technically overinflated?

Then crack a fitting and let them bleed down. Or use the bag dump switch to dump them. Once they're dumped, assuming the tanks are empty, they can't re-inflate.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Run truck to build up air, shut down engine, turn starter switch to ON, use dump switch to dump rear bags, dump air tanks with lanyards, turn off ignition switch and bags will stay deflated. I do this when overnighting sometimes to level the camper from nose to tail. Be safe, Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

I'm with Darryl, why build it up??...but I'm with everything else that Charlie said. With the key on, dump the suspension, drain the tanks and turn the key off. Can't re-inflate if there is no air to use.

EDIT: If you have a low bed on your truck (like I do) drive the rear end up an a few 2x10's to get a little height to help with crawling under after you dump the suspension. Make sure to chock the front wheels too.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Why build air to dump it?

I believe I read somewhere that the air accessory switches won't work until the main system reaches a certain PSI. So need to build up main pressure, truck off, then key on and dump the suspension and drain the tanks.

PS, I could be wrong. It happened once before. ;-)

2007 Volvo 880

2014 Palomino Sabre 36qbok

On my truck if the dump switch is on and the bags are already deflated, when the truck is turned on the bags will inflate at 60~70psi then deflate. Strange but that is how it works on my Gen 2

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Archived