What's the law on sleeping at side of road inconspicuously?

Runroblarun

We always sleep enroute in a pullout roadside but we generally don't stop near cities.

It seems my way or thinking is backwards where security is concerned when compared to some here. First, I would much rater be parked miles from the nearest town where there is a nice view to watch the sun set or rise depending on when you stop. Second, my thought is there are WAY fewer dirtbags to cause problems in the stix than there are in the Walmart parking lot in the middle of a city. I have a hard time sleeping when I KNOW there is activity going on around my space.

We travel well armed so I sleep just fine. Even if someone wanted to cause us harm, it will probably end up worse for them.

20+ years of boondocking without a single incident. Laws? Not sure since where we stop it's not likely the law even passed by........

But, you also aren't doing fundraising along the way which requires blogging about your location.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

When I was on the road this year in Camper Van I was told by the state park staff that it is legal to park in the side of highway as long as it is not marked state park or no parking. This is due tl tired drivers that need yo stop.

It is not the best place but if you have to stop, i hear legal in CA.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived