Ram 5500?

FlyFishn

Does anyone have any thoughts on Ram 5500's, new? I can get a good price so I thought I would at least look.

From what I can tell 19k GVWR is the highest Ram offers, with a max tow rating of 29,600. I can't find any axle ratings or any curb/dry weights for the front/rear axles. I'd be curious what the max payload and rear axle limit would be on a 173" chassis with the crew cab (4x4 not sure there are 2wd's?).

I also can't find any torque/hp ratings for the 6.7 cummins. From what I know on the Ford side the 6.7 power stroke is de-rated on the 450-750. Mine is 400hp/800ft-lbs and the highest option on the heavier trucks is somewhere around 330-350hp and under 700ft-lbs. That doesn't make much sense, but it is what it is... Not sure if Dodge is doing the same thing with the de-rate?

Down on the right hand side, click on "Ram Chassis Cab", under Towing features. A new tab will open. Scroll down to the engine section, select diesel engine.

Looks to be 325 Hp, 750 tq.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived