HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Will be in the Lake George, Colorado area July 17th thru the 25th.

Edited by CHIEFWAHO

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/11/2020 at 7:47 AM, dblr said:

At Eagles Nest New Mexico then Sunday heading to Canon City Co.

We are planning a day to run the Jeeps from Lake George, thru Cripple Creek and Phantom Canyon rd over to Canyon City.

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, rickeieio said:

Two newbies!  Welcome to ya both!

We just rolled in to our home base after a week on the road visit'n with friends.  It was nice to get out for a bit.

Thanks. The trip went well with min issues. Thanks again Jack. We are not total newbies. We have a 40ft coachmen destiny pusher we are currently selling. Had spent a number of years driving a diva of a Great Dane around the Midwest and showing her. Ended up with a 40ft United UTX that we were going to convert to a commercial kitchen but snagged a fantastic deal on a food truck, so the trailer is becoming a triple axle toy hauler with room for a sports car, atvs, and or jeep in the back. Hence the F-550 being for sale too and adding the 2004 630 Volvo. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to the rain in Casey, IL, on our way from Hutch to northern Indiana to scout about for some parts to repair our busted wheel well on the trailer.  Might be home over the weekend, or not.  We're getting used to this retirement thing.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 months later...

https://youtu.be/hRkTlGluvhs

Met the Truck and Trailer in Oklahoma 1/19/2021

Hope the YouTube link works. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We're just n/e of Dallas, TX.  Going to spend a day here tomorrow doing some neglected things, like changing windsheild wipers, fixing the trailer spare tire rack, etc.  Then on to either Big Bend or the Hill Country for a couple weeks, before heading to Alpine, Tx for a week with L.D. and Judy Osborne.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

39 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

We're just n/e of Dallas, TX.  Going to spend a day here tomorrow doing some neglected things, like changing windsheild wipers, fixing the trailer spare tire rack, etc.  Then on to either Big Bend or the Hill Country for a couple weeks, before heading to Alpine, Tx for a week with L.D. and Judy Osborne.

We are a day south of you.  Countryside RV park in Falfurrias.  Not much to do here but golf or drive to the coast. What’s in Big Bend?

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

What’s in Big Bend?

Scenery is great, from low desert to mountains.  Best of all is the roads, if you're a motorcyclist.  Smooth, curvy roads with great views.  That said, there are very few from which to choose.  We stay on the west side of the park, in Study Butte.  Very few people, and all levels of weirdness.  Sort of like Key West, without water.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

New here, was on Faceplace but so tired of all the BS so here I am!

I am in Vegas, i use my truck to haul my crawler and pull my 5th wheel.

It is just amazing how easily it pulls, the most stress free pulling I have ever done!

Tried posting some pics but the links weren't working, I'll try again later I suppose. 

Edited by OMF

Dave

Las Vegas, NV

8 hours ago, OMF said:

New here, was on Faceplace but so tired of all the BS so here I am!

I am in Vegas, i use my truck to haul my crawler and pull my 5th wheel.

It is just amazing how easily it pulls, the most stress free pulling I have ever done!

Tried posting some pics but the links weren't working, I'll try again later I suppose. 

Photos are a process, but not hard.  Jack’s Photo Posting Link

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Use the "Other Media" button, with the URL from Imgur. Strip off the extra (IMG) tags at the front and back.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Nicely done sir.  Did you put a door in the back of the camper so as to have access to the deck?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

18 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Nicely done sir.  Did you put a door in the back of the camper so as to have access to the deck?

Thank you

No, the dinette is there and the deck is split, so it is not a full width deck, more like a car hauler to save weight.

Dave

Las Vegas, NV

• 2 months later...

Was in SE Kansas today and asked my navigation app to guide me to RVH Lifestyles. It took me to their first location. Found Jack's number and I was only a few miles away and it was still on my route to my next destination. Stopped by for a visit and took a tour through the camping area on my way out. The electronic devices to help out in many ways, but sometimes they still need some alternative thinking to bring out the real info. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.