Jayco Delamination

SuiteSuccess

Kids Jayco travel trailer has small area of delamination on back. I know I can repair using epoxy resin, syringe, and tubing to inject into void and clamp using straps after drying area before resin application. My question can I purchase the epoxy locally or am I going to have to order a kit? Question two, could I just order a 4x8 foot section of new board (and where to order) and just replace the whole section? Question three, considered just cutting out that section putting in new marine ply and covering with aluminum tread plate. Is this bad idea?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You can order from West Marine or other warehouse and do the injection like you stated. Or Idea #3 doesn't sound bad either.

To me, it would be based on hold old is the Jayco? Dollar value of it? I f you purchase the epoxy locally, make sure they understand your working time. When we had the business, we had stuff that was 5-minute working time to 5 hours or longer.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You can order from West Marine or other warehouse and do the injection like you stated. Or Idea #3 doesn't sound bad either.

To me, it would be based on hold old is the Jayco? Dollar value of it? I f you purchase the epoxy locally, make sure they understand your working time. When we had the business, we had stuff that was 5-minute working time to 5 hours or longer.

Jim,

The Jayco is 2002 so not worth that much but in good shape otherwise. Was hoping you would chime in because with your boating experience thought you would have a suggestion. Also heard that polyester epoxy resin not good. Suggestions as to what to use? BTW would need at least 30 min working time.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks Jim. Got the pm. May just try the epoxy first. Probably cheaper repair than others above.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived