Weight Distribution Demo

bmzero

That does show it pretty well.....Those forces are working on your setup no matter how "heavy" your truck is, or how well your trailer is "equipped". They may not show up until you are in gusty winds or until you have to do an emergency maneuver. But load distribution is critically important even if "it handles just fine". In our setups the more pin weight the better - within reason....I personally aim for 25%. But what is the saying...."your mileage may vary"....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

You will be hosed, unless you decide that it's too bad for the kangaroo.

Nah, for those kangaroos, you just need a bumper like a friend of ours has that drives road trains across Australia, he wanted me to buy one for our Freightliner but the cost to ship it back was just a little bit pricey.

Pulling%20Triples_zpsbf0sjr6f.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

You can get both "deer" and "moose" bumpers here...no need to ship them across the ocean....:)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Seeing more & more of those "'Roo" bars on the road. If I were driving at dusk regularly I might make the investment as well.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I live in Washington state, so again, if a kangaroo jumps in front of me truck...we've got bigger problems than what bumper I have.

Would the problems be the Troopers, Sheriff's deputies, Wildlife conservation officers, county council, DOT, National Guard and other "authorities" "dealing with the issue" plus 275 breaking news live teams also in on the chase? :D

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Would the problems be the Troopers, Sheriff's deputies, Wildlife conservation officers, county council, DOT, National Guard and other "authorities" "dealing with the issue" plus 275 breaking news live teams also in on the chase? :D

Oh my. Might 'roos be endangered in WA?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

All of the above, as they'd all insist on "an investigation" that'll block the road for hours, triggering protests on all of the area Facebook pages, and environmentalists protesting the non-indigenous species on the loose, and the tree huggers saying "why did we even pave this road?", mass hysteria, you name it.

Archived