• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great ending to the "story".

See you Sat. or Sunday.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Glad to hear the great news. It was great to see you guys too.

Safe Travels

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Glad you have found your new home. Hope the move in is painless and your first trip is very enjoyable.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Does the 2016 DRV Houston have the same floorplan as the 2017 with the mini "Office" or tv area in front (forward) of the kitchen? Let us know how it works out. There are many days where having a separate office area would be nice for my work.

edit- Just looked at the link Big5er provided below. The Houston model I have seen had the 1/2 bath deleted and turned into an office area. That's why I was curious about the "office space".

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Glad to hear that things have worked out for you finally. How big is the new rig? Model #'s, etc so we can look it up.

See ya in Hutch.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Does the 2016 DRV Houston have the same floorplan as the 2017 with the mini "Office" or tv area in front (forward) of the kitchen? Let us know how it works out. There are many days where having a separate office area would be nice for my work.

edit- Just looked at the link Big5er provided below. The Houston model I have seen had the 1/2 bath deleted and turned into an office area. That's why I was curious about the "office space".

I think you are thinking of the Cumberland floor plan. That is the one with the mini office/entertainment area separated from the rest of the coach.

Larry&DonnaAK have a Houston that we saw at the WCR. They had the center bath converted to storage. It was a nice floor plan.

Congratulations on the new home. We may be joining you in the DRV family soon. We're heading to Rolling Retreats next weekend to have some discussions.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Thanks for the link Phil. But Houston is a city not a 5er. But then since I don't have a DRV that may be the reason I did not know.

Nice rig Rocky. Hope you can enjoy it now and I hope the knee is all healed.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

That's great news Rocky! There is a Teton Royal for sale in our town. I stopped to check it out a few weeks ago, but it turned out to be one of those "nice from far, far from nice" rigs.

Glad i stopped to look at the Royal, cause I had been planning on consigning our 40 foot Class A there, until I saw how this guy operates

2005 Charleston 400TS Diesel Pusher
RV there yet?

Thanks for the link Phil. But Houston is a city not a 5er. But then since I don't have a DRV that may be the reason I did not know.

Nice rig Rocky. Hope you can enjoy it now and I hope the knee is all healed.

Brad

Drv named it a Houston.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Rocky, it's great to hear you are finally going to be able to put this behind you and move on. It looks like a great floor plan!

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Congratulations on your new home. When this storm first happened I knew everything would work out just fine in the end. Hopefully we'll make it to Hutch this time and see your DRV. Only drawback is your going to have to park near Rick Jennings now, hahahahahaha.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Congratulations on your new home. When this storm first happened I knew everything would work out just fine in the end. Hopefully we'll make it to Hutch this time and see your DRV. Only drawback is your going to have to park near Rick Jennings now, hahahahahaha.

Hold on here a minute. How did I get in this conversation?

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Rick you are just lucky like that. Happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Howdy Rocky,

So glad to hear that things have worked out so well for you, enjoy your new home.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Didn't Rocky get a DRV? And don't you have a DRV? Don't all those New Horizons guys have to park together? Need I say more?

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Didn't Rocky get a DRV? And don't you have a DRV? Don't all those New Horizons guys have to park together? Need I say more?

Ah, that's why you conversion guys all park in the back of the park. You don't need a Rosa Parks you can come park with us!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Archived