2016 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

I thought I would give you a preview of our new 2016 Volvo 3500 Lite. It just came in so we are driving it to the rally. Hopefully we can get used to the new systems on the truck. Volvo hasn't made a lot of them yet and we got the first one.

Well we are leaving tomorrow to start our two month vacation through Oregon, Idaho and Montana. We will be stopping in Caldwell and attending the WCR. We can't wait! See everyone in a few weeks.

post-30285-0-55826900-1464815399_thumb.jpeg

post-30285-0-38817700-1464815444_thumb.jpeg

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim.....LOL! Volvo Lite.......that's a good one. :) Just getting everything in place here and am heading out a week early to meet Tony and his friends in northern NV for some SxS riding and relaxation. Then making my way to the WCR. Here is the new toy. Also, Scott were you able to make up an attendee list like last year with forum names and actual names?

2aa1cf4b-ed1f-421b-9ec3-c3ec9f2511dd.jpg

Tim.....LOL! Volvo Lite.......that's a good one. :) Just getting everything in place here and am heading out a week early to meet Tony and his friends in northern NV for some SxS riding and relaxation. Then making my way to the WCR. Here is the new toy. Also, Scott were you able to make up an attendee list like last year with forum names and actual names?

IMG_1795.jpg

That's an awesome Razor. I am coming to live at your house!

Tim & Cheryl

I thought I would give you a preview of our new 2016 Volvo 3500 Lite. It just came in so we are driving it to the rally. Hopefully we can get used to the new systems on the truck. Volvo hasn't made a lot of them yet and we got the first one.

Well we are leaving tomorrow to start our two month vacation through Oregon, Idaho and Montana. We will be stopping in Caldwell and attending the WCR. We can't wait! See everyone in a few weeks.

With a little effort you could reconfigure it to a SMART Heavy. ;)

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

With a little effort you could reconfigure it to a SMART Heavy. ;)

I like that! Where would I put the hitch? I am sure Volvo will be following our trip and collecting info along the way. Looking forward to seeing your Volvo Heavy at the Rally

Tim & Cheryl

I like the Volvo lite and Rick I am super jealous of the Razor. Have fun with it in NV. We are in Amarillo for a night and heading to Athens TX in the morning for our family reunion. We are looking forward to the WCR on our way back home.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Hi RickS - have you tried City Spring in Edmonton?

Yeah, 10 day special order.

Rick,

We're you still at home when you had the bearing issue?

I was on my way to my local RV dealer for some warranty items to fix.....almost got there 5 miles away. Dexter told me that I am 21 days past my 5year 100,000K warranty period even with only 30K on the unit. At this point just making the WCR is going to be a challenge. :(

I hope you get it all worked out. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again. We will miss you if you can't make it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Well we are going to do our best to make the WCR. I had to make a few calls to Dexter and they agreed to supply a complete axle assembly but would not cover any of the other damages or labour. I said that was better than nothing and had them add two more complete assemblies and will replace the entire suspension. I don't want to go through what happened ever again. I'm just glad no one behind me got hurt by a flying tire.

Well we are going to do our best to make the WCR. I had to make a few calls to Dexter and they agreed to supply a complete axle assembly but would not cover any of the other damages or labour. I said that was better than nothing and had them add two more complete assemblies and will replace the entire suspension. I don't want to go through what happened ever again. I'm just glad no one behind me got hurt by a flying tire.

Good move; I lost a wheel hauling a 12K pound lathe in the middle of nowhere Kansas. The axles on the trailer were less than 3 years old, I replaced both on principal. One thing I will say; I am guilty of it to an extreme, towing at 75+ for hours on end is really hard on the small bearing on these axles. That well came off in hour 5 or 6 of an 8 hour trip. On my trips from L.A. to Hutch I have spent as much as 14 hours at 75+ stopping only for fuel and food. That trailer is rated to carry 15K and it is rarely under 10K. This is the THIRD set of axles on it!

Steve

post-1176-0-62933200-1465015316_thumb.jpg

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Rick:

Did you have a tire pressure monitor on your rig, monitoring HDT and trailer tires?

If so, did the monitor fail to sense the increase in temperature (pressure)?

I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the failing bearing generated heat, which was transferred to the rim, which increased air temperature in the tire, which increased tire pressure, which should have resulted in an alarm.

Perhaps the failure was too sudden to cause a rise in tire pressure?

Rick,

I am so sorry for your axle issues! I hope you can still make the WCR. We are in our 3rd day of our vacation and prey we will not have any issues in the next two months.

Be safe and do what is right for you.

Tim & Cheryl

Well, I am still doing my best to get to the WCR. Dexter has gone above and beyond to expedite the building of the 3 new 8K axle assemblies. I talked to my DW last night about just coming down in the Volvo and using it to stay in for the weekend we will see. :)

Archived