2016 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

I don't have HDT yet but I am making reservation as long everyone doesn't mind if I am bring the dually and fifth wheel. Looking forward to meeting everyone and see everything live in person. I have been reading the forum for over 5 years have posted once before.

Tom

Tom,

Awesome!

Everyone is welcome!

This will be a great opportunity to meet some wonderful folks and see some beautiful rigs up close!

Welcome aboard!

Scott

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom, you are welcome at any of the rallies. No need to own a HDT to come to one. One of the main purposes is to allow others to see and check out the advantages of an HDT before buying one since they do not work for everyone. Plus you get to make a whole bunch of new friends.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I don't have HDT yet but I am making reservation as long everyone doesn't mind if I am bring the dually and fifth wheel. Looking forward to meeting everyone and see everything live in person. I have been reading the forum for over 5 years have posted once before.

Tom

Everyone is welcome. We enjoy spreading the word and talking all things HDT and RV. It should be an excellent way to get your feet wet, so to speak).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

A word of warning about Paul of "Paul and Paula". For a guy who doesn't drink, he can hold his own around the campfire. Just say'n.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Thank you for being so welcoming. I will be the only one for the first couple of days as the other half has informed me she doesn't want to miss any work. She will fly in to Boise and I will have to make the short trip to go pick her up. The only unknown is if our grandchild will be flying with Grandma or riding over with me. We shall see. I will make reservation tomorrow. I am looking forward to this trip. :)

Tom

....for those of you that were wondering....I confirmed a couple of things with the RV Park.

We can have a "campfire" using a propane fired unit. No smoke and no clean up...I love it (I have one I will bring)

You can also plan on using a propane fired BBQ to cook your world famous "dutch oven" chili.

There is a "dog run" and no breed restrictions so you can bring all of your pooches!

Did I mention they have 85 ft pull-thru sites for us!

Scott

I'm tempted but will have returned to civilization after several months in FL and Mandeville/Covington on Habitat builds. Going back down after only one month back...not sure about that. I'll think on it.GPS says 599 miles from Vancouver ferry terminal. Lot closer than the other HDT Rallies.

Only 599 miles, that's a drop in the bucket. We hope you come down. My wife and I will be making a round about trip from Northern California to Idaho. It is only going to be about 5000 miles for us. Somehow my map is taking me through Texas and then up to South Dakota first. ;)

We'll (hopefully) be out that way this summer, but I think the dates are gonna miss by about a month. We'll see what happens

Paul & Paula

Hopefully you can make it work. The more the merrier.

We'll be there, barring anymore delays. This just might be our maiden voyage with "Nanook", our new 2017 Volvo 780. Looking forward to this Rally.

We look forward to meeting you. I hope it all works out. It should be a very good maiden voyage for you.

We will be there again. Looking forward to it

Good. Looking forward to seeing you again and to seeing what progress you have made on your truck. We T2000 owners need to stick together. :)

Well you're going to have to put up with us again this year!! :D Booked the flight for my DW and reserved a site.

Good news. I think my wife is kind of wishing she could fly in also after I laid out our round about route to the rally. ;)

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Rick S, what about having her fly down to an airport close to or on the route maybe a day or 2 out of Boise. Spokane maybe and drive one day??

Chad, It was 3959 from Vancouver BC to Tampa then Vero Beach. Going back it could be longer if I drop in on someone in San Diego. So my trip will be 8500 to 9k return. I'll see if I still have a tolerance for driving.

600 miles is an easy 2 days driving including the BC Ferry ride from Victoria to the mainland. Not sure if BC Ferries will have their RV discount rates in effect then. That saves $160 ish each way.

Maybe if I get there someone can show me how to get the Max Brake hooked up to the trailer brake control lever on the dash.

Roger,

I'm sure we can put our collective heads together and figure it out.

Hope you can "come on by"!

Scoty

Like one other poster last year said, 'I've never considered myself a people person or great mixer". But I'm finding the treatment of this Habitat bunch in the USA pretty decent, I seem to fit in at least for the 2 builds so far. Having some First Aid and Construction skills doesn't hurt. Maybe Sticks and Bricks folks fly on a different frequency from Trailertrash.

What was my point??...This is close, far closer than the other 2 so I'll see how the next couple of builds go. If I still feel the same way after them then count me in. There may be others who could tag along on the drive from the Pacific NW.

They've set me up for fusing of my thumb knuckle but I'll see if that can be done in May.

Roger....it is only a couple of 8hr days driving from home and the flight from Boise is only 4 hrs total to home for my DW so she is happy with that. We had a lot of fun last year with a great group of people. It would be nice meeting up with you...hope you can make it.

rpsinc, tell all the MDT guys to come out and anyone else interested no matter what they want to come with. I only think you can't camp with a tent at this park. :)

Chad,

My DW would probably like to ride in the truck instead of flying in but she has used up all of her holidays for this year......work keeps getting in the way of my plans. :)

I know what you mean about work. I'd really like to stretch this trip out a little more and take our time, but we are both still working and have limits on our time off. As it is we will be gone for 3 1/2 weeks. I guess that's not too bad for a couple of working stiffs. ;)

event.png    

Archived