Tires for 5W

charlyhors

I would like to chime in here and say X2 for the Sailun S637's. They are an LT tire but limited to Trailer use. I just put them on my 5er and they are great. If you read around on the RV Forums you will be hard pressed to find a bad review. Apparently while they are a Chinese made tire their factory conforms to a strict ISO standard, at least from what I have read. I will say please shop around. I saw simpletire.com said you could order tires and have them shipped to a local tire shop to be installed for a nominal fee. One of my local shops was a NTB store. Before I ordered them I called NTB to make sure that was true. The salesman said sure and said he may be able to get them for me cheaper than simpletire. Sure enough he did. I was originally quoted a price of $1048 from an independent tire dealer. Another quoted me $800 I believe the simpletire deal was going to cost me around $725 by the time they were installed. NTB charged me $638 out the door including taxes, fees balance and install. These prices were all for EXACTLY the same tire. Just saying please shop around.

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

e9132d54-0b3a-4ebb-ae60-dd6b6d56e047_zps

to add to the confusion.

I have had good luck with both the Goodyear G614 ( I think that is the number ) in 235/85/R16 and am now running the Hancook 750/R16. cant complain about ether of the tires.

The only reason that I changed brands is that I buy them from my wife's cousin , he wanted to get me the Hancook instead of the Goodyear's but they where out of stock.

The Goodyear's where good and I ran them for 5 years with no problems. now running the Hancook and have noticed a small increase in fuel mileage . I attribute this to the narrower width of the tire while keeping the same carrying capacity.

IMHO so long as not made in China you will be ok.

As a side note I moved the Goodyear to a flat bed 35 ' gooseneck farm trailer ,that normally does not move unless it is overloaded . I will run them until they blow on it . Could be interesting to see how long they last.

Archived