Escapee's FL Mail Service

Tcwndsr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Category B, the member can request not to receive magazines or newsletters, news papers, etc. in general.

Category C, the member can request specific magazines or newsletters, newspapers, etc in particular they do want and which ones they don’t.

That helps a lot. I like the idea of being able to say yes to Escapee's magazine but no to Good Sam. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 month later...

We signed up for the FLA mail service and are in the process of changing our addresses and going to paperless statements. We got a call this evening from our online bank saying they could not accept the Florida address as our physical address because they searched the map and saw that it is an RV park. So far, this has been the only one to have an issue.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic

I'd escalate the issue to a manager of the bank. If Florida's DMV is satisfied that the Bushnell address is legit enough for a driver's license, I'd think the bank should allow it. My online banks had no problem with my new Bushnell address, but one of my investment firms would not allow the box number after the street address, so I just left it off. I get all my statements electronically anyway.

If your bank won't budge, perhaps it's time to find a new bank!

2007 Winnebago View 23J

2003 Chevy Tracker ZR2

Blog: WinnieViews

Facebook Page : WinnieViews

I think we'll wait till we have our Florida DL and registrations in hand before we start rattling anyone's cage to loudly. We will have to do something eventually though since our only choice was to leave that account with our Massachusetts address, which we are trying to separate from due to Mass. income tax.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

2002 National Sea Breeze

Been using Florida MyRVmail for two years and until recently, had no one show any concern at all. A bank that I asked for a loan did not like the Crestview address. Seems it has something to do with federal regulations, which was covered in a recent post.

The bank approved the loan, and Crestview is listed as the mailing address for all correspondence.

Have done many DMV related things recently and over the past two years and have had no issues whatsoever with the Crestview address.

Trying to have two addresses (TX and FL) seems like it could be a problem.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

• 2 months later...

I am very happy to report that the Bushnell, Florida address does indeed qualify as a valid address for transferring a CDL from another state. I had no issues or questions whatsoever when I got my Florida license. For anyone making the move, use Lynne B's blog post as your bible and you won't have any problems.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

2002 National Sea Breeze

• 1 month later...

Hi-- I flew in to Tampa yesterday. Today in Bushnell, I got my Drivers License, Voter registration, 2 Vehicle Registrations/Titles/Plates, and a Declaration of Domicile document notarized and filed with the County Clerk all within just 1 hour's time! The Tax Collector's Office (aka the DMV) was empty at 8:30am-- I was the only one there with 4 clerks.

For the DL, I provided my Passport, SS card, and Illinois driver's license. For the 2 documents to prove residency, she ignored the 2 provided by Ecapees (the "Welcome Letter" and "Confirmation of Address"), and wanted to instead use the 2 insurance quotes that were addressed to me at my Bushnell address. These had been emailed to me and I printed them-- that was fine for the DMV. No need to see a postmarked envelope.

For the 2 vehicles (motorhome and car), I brought my original Illinois titles, and 2 VIN Verification (form 82042) documents that I had signed by a law enforcement officer in New Mexico (where both vehicles currently are). I also had printed the Insurance Binder & temporary ID cards that had initially been emailed to me, but the DMV gal would not accept these as "Florida" proof of insurance. Thankfully, the day before I flew here, I had just gotten emailed links to print out my final-version Insurance Cards (which I did). This was what the DMV was actually wanting.

As to the address on my DL, she only gave me 2 options for the # -- Lot or Unit. I said Unit. So, my license now says 4602 County Rd 673 Unit xxxx , Bushnell, FL (xxxx = the 4-digit box number used on my Bushnell & Livingston addresses). FYI, I've been careful to never use the word "Box" when giving out my Bushnell address, so the 2 pieces of mail that I provided above only had it as #xxxx after the address.

As an aside, when my insurance agent, American Adventure (one of RVerinsurance.com's agents) did my final quotes for Progrssive, I asked if they could use Livingston as my mailing address and Bushnell as just the "garaging address." When she tried this, my quote prices actually increased! So, we ended up just using my Bushnell address. In the end, that was the right thing to do as these documents turned out to be my only "mail" showing proof of my Bushnell address. All my other potential "proofs of address" (i.e. Bank statements, Health Insurance) came back showing just my new mailing address (Livingston) on their documents even though they have Bushnell plugged in as my physical address.

I waited to fill out the 1-page Declaration of Domicile until after the DMV stuff was done. Conveniently, the Property Appraisers office next door to the Tax Assessor's Office notarized the document for free, and then I walked across the street to the County Clerk's office to file it ($10 fee).

All in all, a very easy day here in Bushnell to become an official Floridian!

Lynne

Lynne,

I followed your instructions to the letter.Flew in and Monday morning was at tax collector,less than an hour later I walked out with drivers license and 4 title changes and my notarized declaration of domicile.Maybe 10 minutes in court house filing declaration. Drove to North Port and spent probably 15 minutes for my ccw.Thanks for the very detailed guide to becoming a Florida resident.I'm retiring at the end of the month and starting my full time journey in July.

Gary

Archived