Insurance for fulltimers

I like staying with the same provider, but had a dramatic rate increase on our 5W portion this year from Blue Sky Insurance. Who do you fulltimers like for RV insurance?

I hope that I will not have an increase with Blue Sky. You could shop Progressive also.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I have been with National General / GMAC (same company, just name change) for decades. I use Miller insurance as my broker and can recommend them.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

We use Foremost Insurance Group. We were with Farmers for 20 years but their rates are not RV friendly. We looked at Progressive when we decided to change but because we pull with a F450 which they consider a Commercial Class Vehicle that they don't cover, so we moved on.

We have had Foremost now for 9 years with no rate increases and they carry both our RV and Truck. They also are the parent company for Allstate Insurance.

We have been GEICO for years. We could probable get a cheaper rate but we love the service we have with them

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We have been GEICO for years. We could probable get a cheaper rate but we love the service we have with them

What service do you get from them?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I moved to National General through Good Sam's a year ago after shopping rates and realizing my current provider wasn't properly covering my fifth wheel. Rates haven been very competitive and used after hitting a deer last October. Easy to work with and no hassles getting repairs.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

I've been with Blue Sky for my travel trailer since I hit the road 3 years ago. My policy will come due in September again, I'll have to watch closely to see if my rate changes....

I insure my truck with Geico though, as they gave me a better rate for that part of it but couldn't do as well for the camper.

Becky

Life is too short not to spend it doing something you love.

We use Foremost Insurance Group. We were with Farmers for 20 years but their rates are not RV friendly. We looked at Progressive when we decided to change but because we pull with a F450 which they consider a Commercial Class Vehicle that they don't cover, so we moved on.

We have had Foremost now for 9 years with no rate increases and they carry both our RV and Truck. They also are the parent company for Allstate Insurance.

What service do you get from them?

We have been customers for 30 years. So by service I was referring to how they have handled all our claims. 2 teenagers, an accident of my own. Our truck was new so had mechanical breakdown service which paid off big time on one occasion and actually kept us from having another huge repair by an inept Dodge dealership when the adjuster was smart enough to challenge them about their disgnosis

The windshield replacement for our MH was arranged swiftly and they went out if the way to chose a facility that was easy for us get to.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

heritage60

Not sure of your reply but I will say that it has been 8 years since we tried to go with Progressive and at the time we thought they were using a poor business plan by not insuring large trucks when they did offer coverage on RVs that would require a truck of my size to pull the RV in a safe manner. So while we were surprised that didn't help us at that time. Maybe they did a reevaluation of there coverage's and realized and asked Flo what she thought?.

Hope your coverage works out for you.

Also Progressive offers roadside assistance(Towing) as a rider. It was only $24 last time we renewed. In 6yrs. we 've needed it twice. Once in Alabama, the other time in the Yukon. Each time they were able to get us taken care of in a very timely manner.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Archived