What do you carry $

Ok, need to ask...

What length of sewer hose do you carry on board? 15', 20', 30', 50', 60'?

What length of electric cord do you carry on board? 25', 30', 50', 60', 75?

Would be interested to see with your limited space what you deem necessary?

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 Honda Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10 - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A Lithium batteries, Victron Multiplus 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70 Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

I have a 29' motorhome and here is what I carry. I would carry the same if we were 50amp.

Sewer hose: a pair of 15' hoses. Very seldom use the 2nd one.

Electric cord: The standard 30' cord which came with the RV, and a 30' 30amp extension cord. Being in a motorhome, we frequently pull into, rather that back into the parking pads since the view is much nicer out our front windows. The extension cord lets us reach the power post. Since we are self contained we don't worry about the water or sewer reaching.

Water hose: I carry two 50' hoses, but usually use neither. I also carry a pair of 10' hoses. We usually don't use the 50 foot'ers but have them for times when the spigot is far away.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Since you asked.

We carry in a large plastic 64L container full of electric cords, most 10 and 20 feet. Also carry a 100' cord and 50' cord.

We carry in a large plastic 64L container 3 sewer hoses 15 feet each. along with sewer fittings of all types.

We carry several lengths of hose both drinking safe and not, each 25'.

And since you did not ask we also carry, small propane set, 110v wire feed welder with a 100' of hose. a roll around toolbox, a storage cabinet, a miscellaneous nuts and bolts box, a 120psi compressor. Hand tool bag, three 1/2" drive drills, 6" grinder, heat gun, orbital sander, numerous different pieces of electrical checking equipment, plumbing equipment, Implements, rakes, shovels, sledge hammer, hoe, and a sundry of other implements.

We also carry a sewing machine, serger, and other necessary sewing equipment.

Electric:

50' of the super flex 50 amp cord

50' of 30 amp cord

100 ft of 20 amp

2x25' of 15 amp (electric cooking outside)

Lots of pigtails and adapters

Sewer

One 15 ft

One 10 ft

Connections, spares and hose stands

Water:

One 50 ft collapsible grey hose

One 50 ft standard grey water hose (hardly used)

One 25 ft and one 15 ft fresh water hose

Splitter and watts water pressure gauge

That's about it

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

Four 10' sections of sewer hose just fit in the rear bumper. I have 3 - 25' 30amp cords a 25' 20amp cord and a 100' 15amp cord. I have a 5' 30amp cord that I use to keep the surge upright when the power pedestal is very low to the ground. I have 4 - 25' fresh water hoses with quick connects, a splitter and a 25' garden hose for the tank rinser. I carry 2 - 100' coax cables, a 50' coax cable and a 25' coax cable that can be used for either the satellite dish or cable TV. I carry a 25' and 50' Ethernet cable for the external WIFI antenna.

Our coach has roughly 30' of 50 amp power cord on reel We carry two additional 30 ft' lengths of 50 amp power cord in a large tote in the basement. The electrical service post placement in most "real" campgrounds rarely demands we use anything other than the 30' that's on coach itself. The additional lengths tend to get pulled out when we're "mooch docking" with friends.

The coach was rougly 30' of freshwater hose on the retracting reel in the wet bay. We carry two additional 25' lengths of fresh water hose in a large tote in the basement. As is the case with the power cord - more "real" campgrounds place the fresh water spigot clost enough that we rarely need an extension. I do need 1 length to add water at home.

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

Sewer : 2 - 20' and a 10' .

Electrical : We can reach a total of 95' ; 50 Amp . Over 200' ; 15 / 20 Amp . Pigtails and adapters , up and down . A 30 Amp Autoformer .

Fresh Water : 2 - 15' ; 1 - 20' . A 100' garden hose .

And , of course , about 37 trons of other assorted 'needs' . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

In my conversion van I didn't have any basement so I didn't carry as much as listed above. But, I always had enough. Two sections of Rhino hose and fittings for dumping stored in a short bin with a lid. (Never used the second section of hose so it was there just for peace of mind.) Assorted short lengths of fresh water hose to connect my filters to my pressure gauge then one 25' one to go the rest of the way stored in a bin about 16" square without the lid. The gray water dumped through the same outlet as the black water so dumping it second removed the need for clean out gear. It was a 30 amp rig so I didn't need to haul big cords but I had lots of adapters, a built in EMS, and one extension cord.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

100' of potable water hose (25x4, usually only use the first 25')

84' of Thetford retractable macerator hose (21' x 4, usually only use the first 21')

50' of 30Amp (25' x 2, usually don't use the extension)

As others have said, we have the extensions for "unusual" situations. Usually we do just fine with the shortest lengths.

It would be very rare for use to camp with full hookups - pretty much only if nothing else were available. We boondock a lot, and in high humidity (read the southeast in summer) will spring for the electric sites to be able to run the AC without annoying the neighbors with our genset.

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

Live in a 40' class A.

I carry a 35' 50 amp extension cord. I've used it once.

Have 2-20', 10' & 5' sewer hose. That is one too many hoses. Am considering taking the connectors off one of the 20' for spares to get down to one 20'. Use the 20' and the 5' the most.

Mac

Currently with our 30a travel trailer:

Sewer hose- one 10' & one 15'

Electric cord- trailer has about 20' usable, & I carry one 25', 30a extension cord

Previously with the fulltime motorhome we eventually went to the same although we started with 3, 15' sewer hoses and two 30a electric cords. Because of the weight and cost of a 50a cord, I never carried a 50a extension and in nearly 12 years fulltime and a total of 14 years owing that RV, only one time can I remember using both power cords and the only time that we ever needed all three sewer hoses was at an RV rally. I therefore sold the extra electric cord.

Part of the need for extra hoses and cords is based upon where one chooses to stay as most situations that need more than 20 - 30 feet of any of those items come from spending time in non-typical RV sites. We have spent a lot of time as RV volunteers on pads at parks and wildlife refuges and those are sometimes laid out poorly and may require one extension for water, sewer, and/or electric but even those are getting better. I have seen locations where connections were on the wrong side of the pad or at one end and even occasionally electric on one side with water and/or sewer on the other. I remember one or two state parks with similar issues.

It is my experience that the need for an extra of any of those in an RV park is very rare. The nearer to the center of the RV where your connections are located, the less likely it is for you to need extras. Those who park at the home of someone are most likely to have a need for very long reaches of any of the utilities.

I also carry two 20' potable water hoses, as well as one 10' that I use at the majority of commercial RV parks because it is so handy and easy to use.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Our experiences mirror Kirks - the only time we have needed all our extensions is camping in oddball locations, like the driveways of friends, etc. It's nice being able to fill from a spigot and dump into a sewer cleanout on occasion..

Give our ease of mobility, one 10' sewer hose.

Three water hoses (60')

One electric extension cord (25')

We've had to loan one water hose to a fella' at a full hook ups park in a trailer with wife and three girls but forgotten water hose. :o

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Give our ease of mobility, one 10' sewer hose.

Three water hoses (60')

One electric extension cord (25')

We've had to loan one water hose to a fella' at a full hook ups park in a trailer with wife and three girls but forgotten water hose. :o

Yeah that's a good point. Having some extras makes it easier to help other folks. I've loaned / given / sold several hoses to folks over the years.

40' motorhome

Sewer Hose - a 20' and a 10'

Water Hose (potable) - 20' and 10'

Electric - what came with the RV - 25' 50A with 30A coupler

50' utility hose for washing the rig

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We have the usual assortments of cords & hoses, filters, fluids, screws, nuts, etc. plus a credit card for the 2-3 trips to get the correct fittings for that 15 minute fix that takes 1/2 the day.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We have the usual assortments of cords & hoses, filters, fluids, screws, nuts, etc. plus a credit card for the 2-3 trips to get the correct fittings for that 15 minute fix that takes 1/2 the day.

Lol, my usually pattern is

1. Go to the store and buy what I think I will need.

2. Start the repair.

3. Go back to the store and buy what I actually need.

4. Finish the repair.

Lol, my usually pattern is

1. Go to the store and buy what I think I will need.

2. Start the repair.

3. Go back to the store and buy what I actually need.

4. Finish the repair.

Just two trips - boy are you living right. We often have the step where we go back to get the correct size/part only to find that it isn't in that store, which requires a 30 min or so drive to another branch that their computer system says has the item in stock. Only if the stars are aligned correctly will the needed item be there when we get there! :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

ROFL!!! So true!

We have a friend who wanted to do some mods on his conversion van. So he drove his rig to Home Depot and spent the day in their parking lot alternately working and buying parts.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Since you asked.

We carry in a large plastic 64L container full of electric cords, most 10 and 20 feet. Also carry a 100' cord and 50' cord.

We carry in a large plastic 64L container 3 sewer hoses 15 feet each. along with sewer fittings of all types.

We carry several lengths of hose both drinking safe and not, each 25'.

And since you did not ask we also carry, small propane set, 110v wire feed welder with a 100' of hose. a roll around toolbox, a storage cabinet, a miscellaneous nuts and bolts box, a 120psi compressor. Hand tool bag, three 1/2" drive drills, 6" grinder, heat gun, orbital sander, numerous different pieces of electrical checking equipment, plumbing equipment, Implements, rakes, shovels, sledge hammer, hoe, and a sundry of other implements.

We also carry a sewing machine, serger, and other necessary sewing equipment.

What type of containers are the 64L's? Are they air tight? I'm tired of stuffing the green hose and sewer hose with extension in my plumbing connection bin. It's getting crowded. Been full-timing 14 months. Still have a lot to learn. We carry a 25 ft green hose, white hose is on a reel, 15 ft sewer with 10ft extension, and to my surprise, three more white hoses in the basement (10ft and two 25ft).

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Still have a lot to learn. We carry a 25 ft green hose, white hose is on a reel, 15 ft sewer with 10ft extension, and to my surprise, three more white hoses in the basement (10ft and two 25ft).

More fulltimers carry more than they ever use than carry too little. That is one of the reasons that so many RVs are loaded beyond the designed weight limits. In our first 5 years on the road, our gross weight dropped by nearly 600# as we weeded out the things which we never used or carried too many of.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 4 weeks later...

I carry a 25' sewer hose. If that does not reach I just use the macerator. I prefer to use that anyways.

We have the factory 50' 50Amp cord. I also have a 50' 30 amp cord. and a random assortment of adapters. I can go from 50 to 15 amp and vice versa. I have been thinking about dumping to 50 amp cord as we rarely plug in. And when we do we have never run both AC units at the same time. We are more than capable of operating on a 15 amp outlet with a residential fridge and using the electric side of the water heater and a microwave just fine.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Archived