Toaster Oven

Just bought a Breville smart oven several months ago.

We bought one about 18 months ago after seeing it recommended on these forums. We really like it and recommend it. We got the mini model from Bed Bath & Beyond and they still carry them today. We got the small one because it fits well in our small RV.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just bought a Breville smart oven several months ago. a little pricy at Williams -Sonoma $264- and still figuring it out. Does all

you have listed and DOES not take out the trash. Really like it.

We've had ours >5 years and use it every day.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We went with a relatively inexpensive Hamilton Beech model (< $50 on sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond). It's a small footprint, "no frills" unit (no digital anything ... just "twist" controls for temp and timer). It can be cleaned quickly and easily - and fits neatly in our "appliance cabinet". Being that we really only use it to make toast and maybe a rare open face melt thingy or two ... it serves us well.

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a mid sized Kitchen Aid, but when I got it out of the box I discovered the numbers on the dials (black on Chrome) were almost impossible to read, something that didn't show in the pictures on the box or internet descriptions. The unit works ok for a $90 piece of Chinese engineering.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Look into a nuwave oven much more usable. I've had one for a year and the toaster oven hasn't been used.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

Look into a nuwave oven much more usable. I've had one for a year and the toaster oven hasn't been used.

We tried a nuwave oven and didn't like it for baking pizza's, biscuits etc. Did a good job on some things but we much prefer our Breville smart oven. Have one in the RV and one at home.

Dave

We got the Breville Smart IQ (big one) after a lot of research. Here is a thread discussing it: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=111146&hl=%2Bbreville+%2Bsmart#entry702113

That was in August 2014 and it has almost daily use. We chose the large one because it was the only one that had convection heating fan in it. It does make a difference. Does pizza great as it does everything from baked potatoes, Port loins, fish, brazed lemon Brussel sprouts (yum) to various veggie dishes. It makes perfect toast and English muffins or bagels along with frozen waffles and they all come out exactly how I like them.

I paid $249 through Amazon.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

We have been thinking about one of these because we hate trying to broil anything in the convection microwave. Takes for ever to get hot enough and forever for that loud fan to shut off after it does. We certainly wouldn't use it a bunch but there are times we would like to broil something.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We have been thinking about one of these because we hate trying to broil anything in the convection microwave. Takes for ever to get hot enough and forever for that loud fan to shut off after it does. We certainly wouldn't use it a bunch but there are times we would like to broil something.

I'm quite curious as to what convection oven you have that can broil. Broiling is defined as direct exposure of the food to a heat source and most convection ovens deliver heat to food by circulating hot air. Normally, with broiling there is no pre-heating needed because the heating element becomes hot nearly instantly.

I have a hunch that you're attempting to broil by simply heating the convection oven to >450 degrees at which point the food will, indeed, cook, but what it is doing isn't true broiling by any means. In comparison, when I use our Breville as a broiler the top heating element is in use and no pre-heat is necessary.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I'm quite curious as to what convection oven you have that can broil. Broiling is defined as direct exposure of the food to a heat source and most convection ovens deliver heat to food by circulating hot air. Normally, with broiling there is no pre-heating needed because the heating element becomes hot nearly instantly.

I have a hunch that you're attempting to broil by simply heating the convection oven to >450 degrees at which point the food will, indeed, cook, but what it is doing isn't true broiling by any means. In comparison, when I use our Breville as a broiler the top heating element is in use and no pre-heat is necessary.

You are exactly correct but it's the best option we have right now. Just trying to made the best of a bad thing LOL!! It REALLY bums me out on Thanksgiving when I try to brown my marshmallows on my yams :(

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Researched long and hard, went with the small Brevelle. We use it ALL the time. Highly Recommend.

How easy is it to clean?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I had high hopes that someone had discovered a good solution for a table-top oven. I jumped on the web and started searching for where the Brevelle could be obtained and checking its dimensions and such to be sure it would fit in the one spot I have available. While on each of the different sources I read the buyer's reviews and for the most part they were glowing like the ones here. But as I read deeper the reviews changed. Over and over again reviewers said that while the oven worked fantastic it only lasted 18 to 24 months. It was kind of a toss-up between the quartz elements burning out and the digital controls going dead as to the reason for failure. Many of the reviewers had bought a second oven thinking that their first one that failed was a fluke only for their second oven to do exactly the same thing.

So, did everybody touting their Brevelle in this post get lucky and get an oven with lasting power or has your ownership been short or is your usage low? Or, are there just a bunch of fake negative postings out there?

2012 New Horizons Majestic | 2022 F-550 W/Classy Chassis Hauler Bed

Full Time Class of 2012 | Escapee #98787

BLOG: www.CuRVWander.blogspot.com

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10757;450/st/20120615/e/Begin+Fulltiming/k/f42e/s-event.png

So, did everybody touting their Brevelle in this post get lucky and get an oven with lasting power or has your ownership been short or is your usage low? Or, are there just a bunch of fake negative postings out there?

We've had ours for >5 years and use it every day. Sometimes the On/Off switch gets cranky and requires a couple of pushes to get started but that's the only issue we've had. It's a great oven and if ours were to break I'd replace it with another without hesitating.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I am NOT saying this is the case here but some things change over the years so the current manufacturer may not be the previous manufacturer with quality changing as well. Or it may be suffering from the "new, improved" syndrome that I hate so much.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Given that BB&Beyond stands behind their sales and I bought it on Amex so doubled the warranty, I felt that the hedges were all in my favor.

If it died, Merrily would not let me not get another one by overnight.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Our Brevelle is over 4 years old & works flawlessly.

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

Archived