Updating to SWM

I have an older DirecTV setup, including a older HD DVR, a MotoSat dish, controlled by the newer RE-1 controller. It uses two downfeed coax lines to get the two simultaneous channels.

Looks like I am due for a new DVR receiver, but these are all SWM. So I guess I have to change my dish from the older dual coax to SWM. Obviously, I will have to change the LNB's but anyone have any suggestions for things to do and watch for when I switch over?

Thanks much,

John Laninga

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

You don't have to change the dish or the LNB. Direct installers have a box called the SWM 8 Multiswitch. It accepts the two lines from the existing dish and outputs a SWM signal on a single cable. You will also need a power inserter. The Direct installer had everything needed and installed for me with no issues. The SWM signal is what you will need for any new DVR or receiver. Google SWM 8 and you will find lots of information, including many folks who want to sell you one. Direct provided everything I needed at no cost when I upgraded to a new DVR.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Archived