Looking For A TT Tire....

I'm on the grounds now. One of my TT tires seems to have broken a belt or otherwise started to fail. I have the spare on so this is not an emergency. I'm looking for a replacement. Ideally it would be a 10 Ply Maxxis. (TL15713000). I can call around to some local tire shops but was wondering of anyone knew of a local source who has or can order Maxxis trailer tires.

Here's the bad tire(left) and the spare.

BadTire_001.jpg

Thanks,

- Mike

I'll ask around to see if I can find out anything, but your best bet might be to stop one of the grounds maintenance folks when you see them around and see what they suggest. They are usually in green golf carts with truck beds.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'll ask around to see if I can find out anything, but your best bet might be to stop one of the grounds maintenance folks when you see them around and see what they suggest. They are usually in green golf carts with truck beds.

Fantastic suggestion - will do that - thank you.

When doing the RV count this evening with the Center Rep., I asked about tire services. He says that both Sears and National Tire have stores nearby but that the Monroe Brake Shop across the street also does tires, but orders them. He thinks that they would be competitive and that they can probably get most any tire you want if given a couple of days. They would be the most convenient.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

He says that both Sears and National Tire have stores nearby but that the Monroe Brake Shop across the street also does tires,

Thanks!!

I called National and they suggested I try Tire Warehouse in South Burlington. They said that the area distributor doesn't carry Maxxis any longer. Maxxis are the only ST tire that I've used that lasted more that 12 months with no failures so I'm pretty partial to them. I'll walk over to National Monday and see if they will call their distributor to see what my options are.

There's also a Costco close by. They carry Greenball tires. I'll call them to see how quickly they can get my size in. I'm a little paranoid of Greenball after doing a few internet searches though.

Archived