Arriving at the Escapade site.........

Just a couple of notes to help you as you come to Boot Camp and to Escapade.......... There is a Duncan Donuts shop & sign directly across the street from the fair grounds. You will be turning to the north when entering the park.

13754694_10206440948934279_8776318437384

The next picture shows a map of the streets to the park.

13716009_10206441073137384_7348960513763

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk I personally expect you to be standing in the street holding up my welcome sign at 8am Thursday morning

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I really wanted to do that too! Problem is that the city of Essex Junction has laws that say we can't put temporary signs out and very tough restrictions on what can be put up! Broke my heart that they won't let me stand out on the street like one of those dancing sign carriers! :wacko:

We're arriving on Saturday, probably between 12 and 1. Is there any value to planning an approach so that we're making a right turn into the facility vs a left?

That would make it somewhat easier, but I don't think that it will be a major issue. We start parking today with incoming staff so I'll try and get back to you this afternoon once we have tested with more than on RV arriving at once. The street you approach on is somewhat busy but when we arrived we did a left turn into the fairground and it was not a significant problem.

Is there a place to pull off and unhitch our toad? We won't be able to do this until we get to the Escapade. We re coming in on Friday.

Yes. We do have a designated lane for arrivals to stop and unhook after you turn into the grounds. While it may be helpful to you if you unhook prior to arrival, for some it may be necessary and so we do plan for that. Also, singles who tow a car don't have much choice so we also have an area to leave the towed, and customer service can provide a ride back to get the car after the RV has been parked.

Just FYI, when I woke up at 6 am today the temperature outside was 50°!

Kirk, maybe you could go fly a kite? This one served us well in Q one winter. The SKP windsock made a great tail!

kite_zpsna59fgtv.jpg

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Rough Day! Stopped two nights in Williamstown, VT, about 40 miles from Essex. Be there Friday morning. We need to coordinate a group that wants to travel in Maine and do some brainstorming!

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

First major day for arrivals! Today we have 93 RVs for Boot Camp and 24 more staff members.

And your awake at 3:30AM !

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

In the last few days I think Kirk wrote a thread as to where a laundromat was, Walmart, etc. I didn't have a printer at the time and thought I kept is someplace, problem is I can't find someplace. If anyone hs a copy of it please give me the link.

Thanks

I'm not sure where that time stamp comes from but the clock here in VT was reading 6:30 am. :P

this may be a haha question, do you know if there may be Mobile RV Wash driving around?

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

To my knowledge there is no mobile wash service here, not do they plan to be. I did however, see a fellow just a few spots down from me washing his own RV.

Thanks!

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Archived