56th Escapade; Misc. questions

I would like to thank everyone involved for giving us all sorts of information about this Escapade and future Escapades. For years I have asked for information (especially future Escapades) and vendor attendance and for whatever reason this information was never forthcoming. I applaud the better communication from Escapees.

For years I have asked for information (especially future Escapades) and vendor attendance and for whatever reason this information was never forthcoming. I applaud the better communication from Escapees.

While I can't speak for the Escapade directors or for Escapee management, after being on the fringe of the Escapade staff and having now attended several of the more recent events, I think that I might be able to shed a little bit of light on the issue. I used to wonder the same things. I suspect that one of the biggest reasons in the past has been that those at the top of the Escapade organization were not participating in the forums and so probably had little knowledge of requests for information. There is no staff position whose job it is to monitor the forums so likely most directors have not been aware of many of the questions. Another reason is that vendors sign up each year and while some tend to take part each year, there is no long term commitment for them to do so and sometimes they drop out on fairly short notice. If it is announced that something will be available and for some reason it doesn't happen, you can rest assured that the Escapade staff will take a lot of heat from those who planned to have that item or service.

Remember also that most of the staff positions are volunteers who serve for a relatively short period of time and only a very few key positions are working on future Escapades much before they take place. It would be far more costly to put one on if they were to pay more staff to keep that part active all year, and when you operate with volunteers, sometimes there is a problem that arises to cause them to step aside on short notice and the directors must scramble to fill the open position.

Announcing a future location is also dependent upon the signing of contracts and the availability of suitable sites so that sometimes is not locked in much more than the year ahead when the location of the next is to be formally announced. Believe me that I do understand how frustrating this can be when you wish to plan farther ahead in order to attend the event, as it took us several attempts before we managed to get to one and we never seemed to know far enough ahead, but as I have attended more of them and now become somewhat involved in staffing, that has given me a much better understanding of how difficult planning can be.

All of that said, I think that each of us owe a big debt of gratitude to Bob & Molly for all of the hard work and travels that they must do in order to make these things take place in the grand way that they do! The Escapades have made great progress under their leadership and each one seems to be better than the previous one. Let's hope that they continue in the position for at least a few more years! :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Another question is, will we get the itinerary and map of the fairgrounds when we arrive for the Escapade? I know everything is online but I wasn't sure how good the wifi will be. Thanks again and can't wait for the 21st to get here for the Bootcamp as we have a lot to learn!!

CathyinMB

You will receive everything when you register. Also there is a "daily news" email that goes out everyday with reminders, event chgasnges etc.

There will also be a notification board near registration. That is where you will see the craft area offerings and the opportunity to sign up for classes. However seating for these is very limited so sign up early.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Hey Kirk (or Molly/Bob) - we are coming with our toy hauler and would like to be able to unload the trike. Will we need to do this in the car-unhook area or will there (generally) be room behind our rig (60' of Freightliner/5th wheel)? We arrive on Saturday, coming in from Plattsburgh, NY area. Thanks - excited to me attending our first Escapade since we met at the one in Gillette, WY back in 2008!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

The best bet is probably to do so in the unhook lane but I'm not sure how useful it will be while here. There is no vehicle parking that is near the main building complex. Everything except the craft area and the X-scapers area is under one very large roof. There are golf cart transportation services to carry visitors to and from the campgrounds. There is some vehicle parking along the fence near the building but most of that is filled by participants who are not staying on the grounds. We have more than a few who are staying in local hotels or motels.

This won't be for going around the campground, we will walk that. This is for going out to dinner with friends, running errands and sightseeing. Much more convenient and economical than the Freightliner. Not our first Escapade so more of a social event than attending many sessions ;)

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Thanks from both the parking team and the security team (my people) as we work together on the job.

I do believe that I say your trike parked under the awning of your fiver this evening when doing the evening security check?

Archived